The Thomas - Kristo trade

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
I was not convinced it was a good trade at the time, but from the comments I am seeing regarding Kristo and the performance of Thomas so far in preseason it's starting to look pretty good.:handclap:

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
not kidding myself. I haven't seen Kristo perform this year, but I am pleasantly surprised from what I am seeing of Thomas, and I suspect management is also they have kept him around .

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
all those geniuses saying MB was Pejorative Slured to make such a trade and al', same geniuses who had Kristo in their top 6.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
yeah cause from what I've been reading Kristo is not amounting to anything, but what do I know. Still like what Thomas has done so far

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Kristo was always a marginal prospect. I liked Thomas in junior but he hasn't shown much as a pro yet.

Jee

uwu
Aug 25, 2006
Montréal
Was not a fan of Kristo but I was a bit sad to see him go. I'm very pleased with what I see from Thomas.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
He hasn't while Kristo has. A good training camp doesn't erase an entire season of bad.

he had 35pts his first pro season on a bad team and a disappointing second year filled with injuries. I believe he will have a good year in Hamilton this year/

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
I never liked Kristo.

I know you can't judge everyone on their antics (ala Beaulieu), but it seemed like Kristo got himself in trouble more than once. Beaulieu seemed to learn his lesson, while Kristo was off in Antarctica fighting polar bears instead of worrying about college or his NHL future.

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
Yeah the way I see it is a little like music, Kristo being (Boogie - Woogie) and Thomas being (Rock N Roll), so don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the King of Rock N Roll!:laugh::laugh::laugh:

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
The nicest thing about that trade then and now is the fact that Thomas is younger than Kristo which might leave for more development of the player

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
all those geniuses saying MB was Pejorative Slured to make such a trade and al', same geniuses who had Kristo in their top 6.

Not sure who you're talking about....I was probably THE biggest Kristo fan....and never did have him in a NHL lineup in a top 6. He HAS the potential to be. Clearly not your typical 3rd and 4th liners.....if he plays in this league it WOULD be as a top 6. But he still needed 1 full succesful AHL year before he was penciled in a real top 6 lineup.

As far as the trade is concerned, people can go back and see that even if I loved Kristo, I wasn't totally against the deal as I liked Thomas....Still, wasn't my favorite deal and not only becuase we got rid of Kristo...but because we didn't get a guy who I thought was a necessity with all the small guys on the team. And frankly, I'm still not wrong as if Thomas would be bigger, we wouldn't even Wonder if he'd make the team or not.

Nothing is done though. Too soon to tell. Might not look as bad as I thought it would, really thought Kristo would have started in the NHL this year. But we'll see how he handles himself in the AHL. Same for Thomas.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
One good thing to come out of this trade is that at least Kristo will become a UFA at the end of this year, something that would have probably happened even if he had stayed with us since he wouldn't have played 80 nhl games (I believe that was the requirement not 100% sure atm), which means Rangers lost an asset for some good AHL production for 2 seasons.

respect the D

Jan 27, 2013
don't think Thomas will be earth shattering, I simply stated "that the trade at this point is starting to look like a good one"
Amazing how a lot of people on here can make your comments into anything and everything except what you really said.:help:

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
don't think Thomas will be earth shattering, I simply stated "that the trade at this point is starting to look like a good one"
Amazing how a lot of people on here can make your comments into anything and everything except what you really said.:help:

It's an internet message board. Among the crowd are those who enjoy denigrating others, people with short tempers who are easily ********, and people who need to fight.

Just don't take it personally.

Devourers

Sep 20, 2013
Montreal
I never liked Kristo.

I know you can't judge everyone on their antics (ala Beaulieu), but it seemed like Kristo got himself in trouble more than once. Beaulieu seemed to learn his lesson, while Kristo was off in Antarctica fighting polar bears instead of worrying about college or his NHL future.

I don't know man, I'll take the idiot kid who can play but got busted drinking and doing a college prank over the other idiot who goes around assaulting people with his dad.

However I've never been one who agrees with trading a player due to their attitude. I believe most people do grow up eventually and think it's often a waste of talent to trade a prospect or player due to a bad attitude.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I was not convinced it was a good trade at the time, but from the comments I am seeing regarding Kristo and the performance of Thomas so far in preseason it's starting to look pretty good.:handclap:

I hated the trade at the time and still do although I understood the part about moving Kristo, I would have rather they got something else in return. That said so far imo Kristo has looked better then Thomas since the trade but Thomas gets a pass since he had injury trouble. This is his last year to play in the AHL without waivers risk, so hopefully he has a big year as the team will need to make a decision on him by this time next year.

Why wouldn't Hab fans have Kristo in their top 6? He was the first pick of the draft for the Habs so clearly Timmins liked him a lot. He was great for Team USA at the WJC's and even had a good showing at the WC's over a year ago. He was the 2nd best player in the NCAA behind Johnny Hockey on the Flames so clearly he has skill but his off ice issues have hurt him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad