The "Thank you, departing Sharks" thread, 2021 edition (Jones, Gabriel)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I hope that Brauny can save him in Philly. I hope that Jones can resurrect his career a little bit in Philly. No hard feelings, he got us Eklund so...

Reactions: Sandisfan

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario

I'll update this thread with notes on other Shark departures as they happen. In the interest of not cluttering the board with a bunch of duplicate threads there won't be a fresh thread for each departure except in special cases.

Only special case for departures is a "i have spent the last 22 seasons playing the game i love, and have had a good run. But it is time for me to hang up the skates and spend more time with my family. A big thank you to the sharks, leafs and hurricaines organizations for being good to me in my career, but i am officially retiring from hockey" patrick marleau

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Thanks also to Sorenson (Sweden), Pateryn (Anaheim), Jaros, Handemark, etc.

(And probably so long Donato)

I suppose that Pateryn did get a game with the Sharks, so fair enough.

Interesting that Donato couldn't get a league-minimum deal from somebody. I mean, just on the Sharks I'd take him over Pederson/Kellman/Merkley...

Reactions: DG93

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

Interesting that Donato couldn't get a league-minimum deal from somebody. I mean, just on the Sharks I'd take him over Pederson/Kellman/Merkley...
By the end, donato was a total non factor for the team. I really don't think I could confidently say he's better than any of those guys

Munnyro

Jul 15, 2013
Sacramento, CA

Donato isn't cut out for the 4th line. I think they hope Pederson can have bottom 6 potential. On that note, I dunno why DW keeps going after Yotes players that don't crack the line up.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Donato isn't cut out for the 4th line. I think they hope Pederson can have bottom 6 potential. On that note, I dunno why DW keeps going after Yotes players that don't crack the line up.
Donato definitely falls into the classic NHL/AHL tweener category. Not skilled and consistent enough for a top 9 role, not detail oriented and/or gritty enough for a bottom 6 role.

Reactions: Munnyro

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad