The Tank Megathread Part III -- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk (MOD Warning Post #11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanaFan

Feb 19, 2010
BC
This day has sucked all around for hockey. **** off team USA and **** off stupid useless Edmonton.

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
This is why those wins against the wings and lightning were absolutely brutal.

Frickin Stamkos plays like **** against us and goes ham today lol.

Oilers are just plain trash, useless team.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
You guys still think an NHL management grouo would endorse losing as a team building strategy?

I would rather they invest in development so no matter where they draft, we can produce NHL talent.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
You guys still think an NHL management grouo would endorse losing as a team building strategy?

I would rather they invest in development so no matter where they draft, we can produce NHL talent.

What does wasting perfect trading assets to help build a future do?

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
It's frustrating when all we want is one top 5 pick and Edmonton gets as many as they want, including some first overalls. I would KILL to have one of the top 5 guys. Just one. One player that has the potential to be franchise talent...

But nope... Toil in mediocrity for 5-10 years at least. Fantastic..

Knight53

#6 #9 #17 #35 #40 #43
Jun 23, 2015
Vancouver
This ****ed up management is still undecided about trading Vrbata, Hamhuis, Etc. :facepalm:

They have to Sell at the deadline no matter what. Absolute buffoons running this team.

Brent Burns Beard

Powered by Vasiliev Podsloven
Feb 27, 2002
What does it matter if fans hope to lose for Matthews? It has no effect.

Nothing wrong with dreaming of winning Lotto 649 too but helps to be grounded in reality sometimes.

Go ahead and hope but don't have the expectation that a professional sports franchise would actually employ a #tanking strategy while in a playoff spot.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

I'd rather have elite talent and development. Not mutually exclusive.

Each to their own.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Nothing wrong with dreaming of winning Lotto 649 too but helps to be grounded in reality sometimes.

Go ahead and hope but don't have the expectation that a professional sports franchise would actually employ a #tanking strategy while in a playoff spot.

I haven't seen one person have that expectation.

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Well, I am officially getting off of team tank. Not because I don't want us to tank but because I believe we are too good to tank, so we might as well cheer. There's no way we are going to finish in the bottom, not this year. Here's 5 reasons why:

1) What injuries? - Sutter, Tanev, Miller, Hamhuis, Sbisa, Higgins, Virtanen. Even with these 7 roster players gone/injured, we are STILL winning games. Just imagine what will happen when we get all of them back, especially Sutter/Tanev?

2) Super Sedins - Sedins and Hansen are playing incredible this year and have really hurt the tank movement solo. Even when Henrik is playing hurt he still is the best on the ice

3) Pacific Division Sucks - Of all the years for our division to suck, this is the worst. We are a .500 team and we're sitting in 2nd place in the division. This is the biggest reason why a tank is pointless this year. We are going to probably take 2nd/3rd in the division.

4) Easy schedule - The hard part is done. The Canucks had the worst schedule in the league before Christmas. Now we've got a lot of home games ahead of us and relatively smooth sailing (few bumps). So it's only going to get easier to win.

5) Management won't let it happen - If we want a tank, then fire Benning/Linden/Willie. These guys aren't tankers. Willie has made the playoffs his whole career, Benning won a cup, and Linden isn't here to lose. Aquaman is spending to the cap and expects a good team. Bottom line, the only way we tank is if management decides it is time and they are not ready to go there.

So yeah. Unless we go to at least the 3rd round, then yes, this is going to end up being a wasted season. But I guess this just isn't meant to be. How can we compete with garbage teams like the oilers?

coastal_nuck

Jun 28, 2006
Can't even be bothered to cheer for this team anymore. Absolutely meaningless wins when they would benefit so much more long term from a higher draft pick. Ugh.

GPNuck

Nov 25, 2013
It's frustrating when all we want is one top 5 pick and Edmonton gets as many as they want, including some first overalls. I would KILL to have one of the top 5 guys. Just one. One player that has the potential to be franchise talent...

But nope... Toil in mediocrity for 5-10 years at least. Fantastic..

what did all their top 5 guys do for them tonight?

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
We are at a point where a 4~5 games winning streak will pull us away from top 5 pick but at the same time a 4~5 losing streak will put us back into top 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce