The Tank Megathread Part III -- All Tank Talk & Standings Talk (MOD Warning Post #11)

Status
Not open for further replies.

timw33

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 18, 2007
Victoria
As long as they trade Vrbata, Hamhuis (unless they re-sign him), etc. that's all that matters. So many years of wasted assets going to FA.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
Not a tanker but even I'll be royally pissed off if they don't move Vrby and Prust at least at the deadline. Those draft picks (a 2nd and a 4th?) will mean more to the organization than their veteran presences as VAN are swept in the second round against LA (Yeah, VAN can definitely beat SJ, EDM or AZ in a best of 7 so the 1st round exit is not a given).

Huggy

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Complain about edmonton getting 1st overall
desire to get 1st overall expressed
Acknowledge 1st overall doesnt fix a team
still express desire to have 1st overall pick
Still acknowledge edmonton hasnt gotten anywhere
lol

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Not a tanker but even I'll be royally pissed off if they don't move Vrby and Prust at least at the deadline. Those draft picks (a 2nd and a 4th?) will mean more to the organization than their veteran presences as VAN are swept in the second round against LA (Yeah, VAN can definitely beat SJ, EDM or AZ in a best of 7 so the 1st round exit is not a given).

I was also led to believe we would beat Calgary with ease and we know how that went.

thepoeticgoblin

Dec 16, 2011
Sweden
I was also led to believe we would beat Calgary with ease and we know how that went.

Yeah, but they *could* win a round. That will kill the tank and their "retooling" as management and ownership will push hard for it. I hope they realize they have to cash in on their UFA's and consider any sort of playoff appearance as a bonus.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Yeah, but they *could* win a round. That will kill the tank and their "retooling" as management and ownership will push hard for it. I hope they realize they have to cash in on their UFA's and consider any sort of playoff appearance as a bonus.

Agreed. Of all players to trade, Vrbata needs to be it - he's checked out on this team. Get some value before it's too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad