The Strange Case of Kyle Brodziak

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Nothing will ever beat that ridiculous post he hit in the 2nd game of the season. The Avs have their goalie pulled, he fires it off the boards from inside our zone, it rolls down ice, it's going right into the empty net, and then suddenly the rolling puck curves and hits the post.

He's an "iron man" alright. :nod:

I too will miss him when he's gone.

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
Brodzy is one of those guys who will go sign in Chicago, Pitt, Boston, or New York and all of sudden everyone will be talking about how good he is defensively. The guy may never score on a breakaway ever or hit the post an impossible rate but he is so good positionally. He is always in the right spot, stick in the lane, blocking shots. I will be sad to see him go in the off-season, if he does, but I have nothing but respect for him as a player. He was a professional his entire stay here. Never complained, nothing.

Minny Lakes

Apr 4, 2013
He's hit more posts than goals in the past few years. Pretty impressive when the square footage of the post is about 500 times smaller than the net.

Generic User

How's your burger?
Jul 7, 2009
Uncanny Valley
He's hit more posts than goals in the past few years. Pretty impressive when the square footage of the post is about 500 times smaller than the net.

Yeah but there's also a goalie in front of the net greatly reducing the target size. To get around said goalie, you shoot at the areas where he's not. Those areas happen to be really close to the posts.

With that said, Brodziak does seem to hit an awful lot of posts :laugh:

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
If we could get him on a more team friendly deal, I'd love to keep him around. Veteran presence, elite pk, awesome defense, rarely misses games, sticks up for teammates, etc

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
If we could get him on a more team friendly deal, I'd love to keep him around. Veteran presence, elite pk, awesome defense, rarely misses games, sticks up for teammates, etc

Yes this. He ain't a offensive thread anymore but he's deserved the spot. So reliable. A year, max two, decent price and it's all right.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Whether he stays or not will depend on what other teams offer him in terms of money and depth center. With Haula's regression, I wouldn't mind resigning him for a 4th line center salary. But that may be too low for him.

J22*

Brodziak wont be back. All of the reasons that we like him for the 4th line are the same reasons other teams will be willing to pay him like a 3rd liner.
Brodziak would have to cut his salary in half for it to be worthwhile for the Wild, and I just don't see any reason for him to do that. I would think that more than a few teams would be willing to give him the same deal the Wild gave Cooke.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
So Derek Dorsett just got 2.65 for 4 years. Brodz will get solid deal from some team. Wild can't afford to keep him sadly.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's amazing how much confidence I have in this guy when he's out on the ice. I mean, he probably won't score, but he's going to make the right play. His size and toughness are also nice to have around when the bullies start their post whistle silliness.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
whether brodz wants too much or we have his replacement in graovac i just dont see him back next year especially if we try & keep stewart we need cap space. anybody know if graovac is as tough as brodz?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad