The Steve Mason appreciation thread

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
I just had to and hope this isn't too salty, but... Thanks for the 13 games we paid 8.2M for, along with Armia and a couple of picks. Still, best of luck in the future.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Gonna pin a pic of One Man Armia on the inside of his locker door. YOU DID THIS, STEVIE-BOY!!!

Whole Mason affair felt weird from the get-go. Like a date that goes south early on, but the tickets have been paid for and it's New Year's Eve and no taxis, so you just sort of sit it out together and wait for the golden moment when you can start forgetting the whole thing. Hopefully he can sort out the concussion problems and retire in peace.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
2d6wjb.jpg

PhilJets

Winnipeg is Good
Jun 24, 2012
Somewhere nice
Thanks Mason , you had a bad luck year.
Hope you do well agsin except against the Jets.

Thanks for the 1st 2 games last year. It was a wake up call that defense is as important as offense. ;)

Reactions: Luc Labelle

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I just had to and hope this isn't too salty, but... Thanks for the 13 games we paid 8.2M for, along with Armia and a couple of picks. Still, best of luck in the future.
The Jets didn't pay him $ 8.2 million, he was traded to Montreal.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I hope he retires and enjoys the carefree lifestyle his millions will afford him, instead of risking a few more concussions due to sneezing, coughing or making a pot of coffee in the morning.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Honestly this worries me a bit. If Helle has a bad regression then what? Even worse, he’s injured for a stretch....Who’s our new backup? Hopefully it’s someone capable. I know 4.5 is a lot for a backup but it would have been a good insurance policy for one more year. Not sure that Chevy made the right move here.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Honestly this worries me a bit. If Helle has a bad regression then what? Even worse, he’s injured for a stretch....Who’s our new backup? Hopefully it’s someone capable. I know 4.5 is a lot for a backup but it would have been a good insurance policy for one more year. Not sure that Chevy made the right move here.

I agree. As I just posted in the trade thread I am convinced the trade was made in an attempt to keep Stastny. And it backfired.

JetsNut

Jan 28, 2015
Well let’s hope Chevy gets busy and finds a capable backup and fast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad