Tribute The Steve Dangle Thread

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

"I like the Leafs and I like food and only one of them never lets me down."

For those who don't like these videos, enjoy the middle of this one where he eats a chocolate cupcake with mustard on it.

If that's the case he'd probably weigh 700 pounds except he burns off all his energy making these videos :laugh:

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
I do find him entertaining and most of the time quite on point in his rants. But it's gotten to the point now when he uses that high-pitched whining voice waaaaay too much. It was part of a persona at first where he finished up the long rants with that voice, but nowadays he gets to that point half a sentence into the rants. Grates the on the ear drums a bit. That being said he's still very entertaining , especially when the Leafs lose (obviously).

I also find it hilarious that the old "daddy Campbell" trope is still alive.

Reactions: Mad Dr Pepper

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I do find him entertaining and most of the time quite on point in his rants. But it's gotten to the point now when he uses that high-pitched whining voice waaaaay too much. It was part of a persona at first where he finished up the long rants with that voice, but nowadays he gets to that point half a sentence into the rants. Grates the on the ear drums a bit. That being said he's still very entertaining , especially when the Leafs lose (obviously).

I also find it hilarious that the old "daddy Campbell" trope is still alive.

I had a friend show me Steve Dangle videos when he was still getting like 5k views each post back around 2009. Before he was known really at all. He's a funny guy and (IMO) a genuinely knowledgeable hockey mind.

Since he's gotten big, as happens for a variety of reasons, he's really played up the whole "angry guy" caricature and it's definitely gotten tougher to listen to. Mainly, like you said, because the pitch of his voice is grating on the ear drums.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I had a friend show me Steve Dangle videos when he was still getting like 5k views each post back around 2009. Before he was known really at all. He's a funny guy and (IMO) a genuinely knowledgeable hockey mind.

Since he's gotten big, as happens for a variety of reasons, he's really played up the whole "angry guy" caricature and it's definitely gotten tougher to listen to. Mainly, like you said, because the pitch of his voice is grating on the ear drums.
It's known as an unconditional stimulus - a stimulus or trigger that leads to an automatic response. If a cold breeze (Steve's Leaf Jersey combined with grating voice) makes you shiver (ears hurt), for instance, the (cold breeze / leaf jersey) is an unconditioned stimulus; it produces an involuntary response (the shivering / ears hurt).

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
It's known as an unconditional stimulus - a stimulus or trigger that leads to an automatic response. If a cold breeze (Steve's Leaf Jersey combined with grating voice) makes you shiver (ears hurt), for instance, the (cold breeze / leaf jersey) is an unconditioned stimulus; it produces an involuntary response (the shivering / ears hurt).

Isn't there a chance that the audible pitch of his voice is actually physically painful to the eardrum? Rather than simply a mental trigger for displeasure?

Sorry if that's a dumb question due to me interpreting your response incorrectly.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

What?

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
You see A leaf jersey and it pains you in a number of ways.

Isn't there a chance that the audible pitch of his voice is actually physically painful to the eardrum? Rather than simply a mental trigger for displeasure?

Sorry if that's a dumb question due to me interpreting your response incorrectly.
I don't know I was trying to be creative lol...failed.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
There's a way to actually use snot?

I don't wanna know.

:laugh:
I really thought I heard that wrong despite how many times he repeated it. Apparently they use "having snot" as something positive? Some kind of analogy for working hard or playing gritty? There has to be about a million better words to use. Who wants to play with snot? :huh: It's fitting for a guy like Domi I guess, but not really something to aspire to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad