Line Combos: The Star Wars Line

Heaton

Feb 13, 2004
Auburn Hills
I read it in our post game thread, can't remember who said it, or if they came up with it, but it's genius.

Drewbacca - Luke - Lando.

Easily been our most consistent line of the playoffs too. Maybe not AS good, but they remind me of the Sami Pahlsson line with Rob Niedermayer when the Ducks won the cup in '07.

Jusek

Dec 2, 2009
lmao these are from reddit:

CgUfYXV.png
MmZyr3w.png
vgk08i1.png

:laugh:

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
I've never seen Star Wars, so the fact that "Lando" was a character was totally lost on me. Just had to google it for confirmation. :laugh:

Freal though - this might be one of the best nicknames for a line ever. Whoever came up with it is a nerd and a genius.

Mount Suribachi

Nov 15, 2013
England
I read it in our post game thread, can't remember who said it, or if they came up with it, but it's genius.

Drewbacca - Luke - Lando.

Easily been our most consistent line of the playoffs too. Maybe not AS good, but they remind me of the Sami Pahlsson line with Rob Niedermayer when the Ducks won the cup in '07.

Yeah, I stole it from LetsGoWings, who stole it from Wingin it in Midtown.

Too awesome not to plagiarize, especially with Princess Babs and Abdelvader.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO
so the fact that "Lando" was a character was totally lost on me. Just had to google it for confirmation. :laugh:

Freal though - this might be one of the best nicknames for a line ever. Whoever came up with it is a nerd and a genius.

:whaaa?:

On a serious note, does having Lando make Joker (more) obsolete?

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site

I've never seen the original Star Trek or any of the LOTR movies either. I didn't have any friends or family who were into it growing up, and by the time I became an adult, it was so much a talking point/ongoing joke with my friends that I haven't bothered to sit down and watch it.

As to your second point, I think it absolutely does. There's no reason Lando can't become as strong a PKer as Joker is and thats pretty much all that separates them. I would say size, but Joker is as soft as it gets and rarely uses his body.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
I've never seen Star Wars, so the fact that "Lando" was a character was totally lost on me. Just had to google it for confirmation. :laugh:

I think I have seen it, but always fall to sleep.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage

Joker tends to center a line so Lando alone wouldn't make him obsolete. If we continue to separate Z and Pav and then go with Sheahan and Luke then Joker doesn't really have a spot.

The downside with that line of thinking though is that Pav and Z are getting up there in age and will probably miss a decent number of games every season. So it helps to have some depth at center.

Now if Athanasiou can center an NHL line we will be in great shape when it comes to depth. Then in another 2-3 seasons you will have Larkin who will at a bare minimum probably be able to center a bottom 6 line.

So yeah, I think within another year or two Joker will be the odd man out. Maybe he will be able to adapt and take a Drew Miller like role on the team but that remains to be seen.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I've never seen the original Star Trek or any of the LOTR movies either. I didn't have any friends or family who were into it growing up, and by the time I became an adult, it was so much a talking point/ongoing joke with my friends that I haven't bothered to sit down and watch it.

As to your second point, I think it absolutely does. There's no reason Lando can't become as strong a PKer as Joker is and thats pretty much all that separates them. I would say size, but Joker is as soft as it gets and rarely uses his body.

Not a huge Star Wars guy, but I think LOTR are must-watch movies.

Zetterberg4Captain

Aug 11, 2009
Detroit

is star wars now just basically on your "list"

its like me with any of those hobbit/lord of the rings/harry potter movies

never seen them and i never will

too many people always seemed so shocked when i said i hadent watched them and told me how much i should that i simply refuse at this point as they're now on my "list"

SimplySolace

"We like our team"
Jun 30, 2013
You clearly haven't read any Star Wars books. Not that I have either, but their reputation isn't exactly stellar.

Was referring to LOTR more so (see avatar), but there are some SW books that are alright though I'm not big on them.

PelagicJoe

Mar 20, 2012
St. Louis, MO

You're not missing anything as far as LOTR goes. My wife loves that series. I think they're all nothing but excessively lengthy cures for insomnia. Now Dead Alive, there's a good Peter Jackson film.

Back to the topic at hand, let us not forget Joker is slower than molasses in Siberia. Players like him are also pretty much a dime a dozen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00