The Stanley Cup is Ours

Status
Not open for further replies.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'm making a prediction.We're winning it all this year.It's been 23 years since we won in 1993, years after years of hopelessness or false hopes.

We've been conditioned to expect everything to collapse as soon as things start to go well.Last year was fun on that "meta-level", since it justified that conditioning we feel inside of us.No more.

This year the Stanley Cup is coming back home.

Except Markov (and to some extent Beaulieu), every core player is near the peak of their powers.The league is also weak.Look at the teams, most are in development or tired from past-glory.The road is wide open.Tampa Bay is a threat, and maybe LA.

Assume for a second we make it to the Finals.Which Western team can beat a healthy Carey Price who just won three straight series? None.

Carey Price is beyond dominant.I mean he "looks" dominant almost at first glance, and it's hard to judge the dominance of a goalie from a quick look unless he's playing like Dominik Hasek which is the opposite of Price's style.

25th.

CH25

Self-proclaimed Habs connoisseur
Apr 12, 2010
Montreal
I hope so man. We are all tired of waiting. I'm waiting until the deadline before getting my hopes up though. Any team could be adding a signifcant piece by then. I hope Bergevin doesn't hold back.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This type of arrogant fluffery based on 7 games is precisely why we can never have nice things. Please put this to bed. Humility goes a long way.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Among the teams we have beaten, exactly 1 is above .500 right now. Exactly 0 of them have a strictly positive goal differential. Let's not plan the parade just yet. Who are we, Toronto?

I'm far more interested in how this team will play against Tampa bay tonight than I was for the previous 7 games.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
We're going all the way.The protesters in this thread clearly have a deep fear of seeing the team succeeding hidden in their subconscious and thus attack me as a result.

It's obvious this is the year we win it all.Your incapacity to see this is the embarassment here.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
We're going all the way.The protesters in this thread clearly have a deep fear of seeing the team succeeding hidden in their subconscious and thus attack me as a result.

It's obvious this is the year we win it all.Your incapacity to see this is the embarassment here.
Look, we all love the fact you are being positive and upbeat, but it's 7 games...and Therrien is still here, so.......................

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yeah, based on these first few games, I'm predicting a dynasty here. At least 10 years consecutive with a Cup. Paul Byron becomes a legit #1 liner. At least 40 goals this year. Carey Price don't lose a game at all this year. Al Montoya becomes so good, that we can trade him to LA for Kopitar......

Anything else?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Yeah, based on these first few games, I'm predicting a dynasty here. At least 10 years consecutive with a Cup. Paul Byron becomes a legit #1 liner. At least 40 goals this year. Carey Price don't lose a game at all this year. Al Montoya becomes so good, that we can trade him to LA for Kopitar......

Anything else?

Much more to add yes.Give me some time, I'll deliver the goods.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I've believed the habs were a contender for a few years now. They were last year too in the beginning, and the year before

It's one thing being a contender (whether a strong contender or not, that's more subjective) and actually pulling it together and winning.

But yes - early on Habs looks like they should be a contender this year, and should be able to contend for division lead (as they have every season except for last for the past 4 years).

lo striver

Jun 13, 2011
Our Lady of Grace
oh, gawd

ernie-facepalm.jpg

dzd ncnfzd

Aug 8, 2007
Sigh.

A good beginning - though last year's start was even better. And last year I feel we played even better in the first quarter of the season than we are now. I'm not overly impressed. Lets see how we handle some of the better teams out there. (Only "good" team we have faced so far is the pens, who are in a bit of a funk). We did not look good against Ottawa....and Philly.

So, we are contenders I think, but no way are we odds on favourites to get out of the East.

This kind of thread is a bit embarrassing....as was said above, a bit of humility is more appropriate.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
I'm making a prediction.We're winning it all this year.It's been 23 years since we won in 1993, years after years of hopelessness or false hopes.

We've been conditioned to expect everything to collapse as soon as things start to go well.Last year was fun on that "meta-level", since it justified that conditioning we feel inside of us.No more.

This year the Stanley Cup is coming back home.

Except Markov (and to some extent Beaulieu), every core player is near the peak of their powers.The league is also weak.Look at the teams, most are in development or tired from past-glory.The road is wide open.Tampa Bay is a threat, and maybe LA.

Assume for a second we make it to the Finals.Which Western team can beat a healthy Carey Price who just won three straight series? None.

Carey Price is beyond dominant.I mean he "looks" dominant almost at first glance, and it's hard to judge the dominance of a goalie from a quick look unless he's playing like Dominik Hasek which is the opposite of Price's style.

25th.

What the hell -- I'm giving you credit for unvarnished optimism. Why not. Sports fans live on blind hope. Without hope, why bother watching? Sure, Habs have played just seven games, way too early for substantive predictions, but at least you're getting pumped about a team that appears to be really good.

And for what it's worth, my buddy and I had this exact conversation a week ago. We both had that same 'feeling' about this season. Except neither of us has the balls to start a public thread about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad