Speculation: The Stamkos Dream is Over

Status
Not open for further replies.

60 Carlton Street

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto
Nobody asked me about this as I mentioned it in the last thread but, I will volunteer the story I have re: Stamkos

I played baseball in Markham in the summer casually on a team who's pitcher is Joe Bowen's son. Stamkos also plays on this team from time to time when he is around in the off-season, he is also close with Joe's son.

I'm not Stamkos friend, we just happened to play baseball a handful of times in Markham, I'm sure he is very guarded on what he says so take this with a grain of salt.

We were drinking beers in the parking lot after a game, just him and a few guys from the team. One of the guys asked him if he would ever come to Toronto and his answer was;

"In Tampa I can go out to dinner, the mall and live a normal life, nobody knows who I am, there is very limited media in the locker room and off the ice, If I came to Toronto, how much would my life change."

There was no yes or no, and nobody pried any further and it was like.. yea your right, and we moved along.

I think that was his standard politically correct answer, I do believe he is coming here.

Brown Dog

Jun 23, 2007
My guess is there's a huge bidding war and he signs for a lot more than expected.

Leafs bow out of the bidding and we're all simultaneously disappointed and relieved we weren't the ones to sign the deal.

60 Carlton Street

Mar 30, 2011
Toronto
My guess is there's a huge bidding war and he signs for a lot more than expected.

Leafs bow out of the bidding and we're all simultaneously disappointed and relieved we weren't the ones to sign the deal.

All signs point to the leafs aligning themselves to land him, so I would disagree.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Mickey Mouse Watch:laugh:

s-l400.jpg

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Out of all these guys from Ontario that become free agents or have the option to : Nash, Perry, Stamkos I have the feeling Stamkos is the one real possibility

Can't say I would blame him and not saying we would need him to win

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Nobody asked me about this as I mentioned it in the last thread but, I will volunteer the story I have re: Stamkos

I played baseball ....... One of the guys asked him if he would ever come to Toronto and his answer was;

"In Tampa I can go out to dinner, the mall and live a normal life, nobody knows who I am, there is very limited media in the locker room and off the ice, If I came to Toronto, how much would my life change."

...for better or worse? You're right. That's a really open comment, could mean a lot of things. I think he would love to be a Leaf, but the money has to be there, he might sign for a little less withnToronto but I don't think he gives us a huge discount to be honest.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Apparently Lucic all ready agreed to sign with the Oilers.

And Stamkos can't talk specifics with teams?

Uh huh...

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
hey, Carlton - do you mind explaining your bobcat thingy again (I saw it in the last thread) I think i missed the background of what you were talking about.

ViewsFromThe6ix

Zachary on the Attackary
Oct 17, 2013
6ix

I played baseball in Markham in the summer casually on a team who's pitcher is Joe Bowen's son. Stamkos also plays on this team from time to time when he is around in the off-season, he is also close with Joe's son.

I'm not Stamkos friend, we just happened to play baseball a handful of times in Markham, I'm sure he is very guarded on what he says so take this with a grain of salt.

We were drinking beers in the parking lot after a game, just him and a few guys from the team. One of the guys asked him if he would ever come to Toronto and his answer was;

There was no yes or no, and nobody pried any further and it was like.. yea your right, and we moved along.

I think that was his standard politically correct answer, I do believe he is coming here.

Appreciate this story! Very interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad