OT: The Soccer Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
We've soccer fans in HFHabs. There are members that've registered to HFBoards just because of this sport (best in the world). Also here the interactions between the posters during the World Cup were insightful.

So let's have our own topic (once and for all) and let the Montreal Impact thread related to the IMFC (not everybody are fan of this team and want to go there only to talk about this subject) :thumbu:

Reactions: DavePeak and koyvoo

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Ronaldo just leveled Immobile for goal scoring lead in Serie A closing a pretty big lead Immobile had at one point.

It was also announced earlier that the Balon D’or will not be awarded this year.

Edit- now with two on the day, Ronaldo passes Immobile.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
Ronaldo just leveled Immobile for goal scoring lead in Serie A closing a pretty big lead Immobile had at one point.

It was also announced earlier that the Balon D’or will not be awarded this year.

Edit- now with two on the day, Ronaldo passes Immobile.

They are tied now after a brutal play between Bonucci and Szczesny that lead to a penalty for Immobile. He converted.

Reactions: koyvoo

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Canada is on the world map now.

Up front, Canada actually looks strong, even if you take davies out.

The achilees heel to me looks like it's the backline. Like, does Canada have any half decent center backs?

Last year, I remember they were so thin that they moved midfeilder Atiba Hutchinson back there, who was nearing the end of his career. That's no knock on Hutchinson, who was a really good Canadian talent, but that's a desperate move.

DavePeak

What a goal Mann!
Jul 15, 2009
Montreal
Thanks for making this thread. While I want the best for the Impact, I'm not a fan enough to discuss about the team/MLS. I mainly watch UEFA Euro and FIFA World Cup, and I'm getting more and more interested in Premier/Liga/Champions leagues. Both the Impact and the futbol planet deserve their own thread.

Ronaldinho just got out of jail after 5 months of imprisonment, I forgot about that! 2020...

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad