OT: The Soccer Football Thread (USA, RBNY, PL, etc.)

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Except we don't know who actually cleaned it! But if it was a red, glad they did so with no fanfare

um, dude, the guy's handle is literally in the tweet. :laugh:

david prentice of the liverpool echo actually reached out to give them fanfare, not the other way around. by numerous accounts, several more showed up just after it was already cleaned.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
um, dude, the guy's handle is literally in the tweet. :laugh:

david prentice of the liverpool echo actually reached out to give them fanfare, not the other way around. by numerous accounts, several more showed up just after it was already cleaned.
chris farley didn't even clean it though. it says there he showed up and it was cleaned (glad he didn't take credit)

i remember reading about this yesterday and the big criticism is now people are giving all these "wow such good people" stuff, when ultimately its a net zero, since some jerk did it in the first place

take what i'm saying w a grain of salt, i'm all over a toffee fanboard so i'm fired up lol

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
chris farley didn't even clean it though. it says there he showed up and it was cleaned (glad he didn't take credit)

i remember reading about this yesterday and the big criticism is now people are giving all these "wow such good people" stuff, when ultimately its a net zero, since some jerk did it in the first place

take what i'm saying w a grain of salt, i'm all over a toffee fanboard so i'm fired up lol

yeah, fair play, i was inaccurate. :dunno:

with all this being said though, of course it was going to get cleaned immediately. not condoning the behavior of a few headass reds, but this is hardly the travesty it seems because like you said, it's a net zero in a city *FULL* of still-sometimes-unruly football fans, whether they be red or blue.

liverpool and everton have a very unique relationship, it's a special one in that it isn't sheer hatred all the time unlike what you find in manchester and london. hell, chris pajak's (of the redmen tv) brother is an evertonian. (and it's the reason why liverpool is the world's greatest football city and it's not remotely f***ing close. keep your milans and madrids.)

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

with all this being said though, of course it was going to get cleaned immediately. not condoning the behavior of a few headass reds, but this is hardly the travesty it seems because like you said, it's a net zero in a city *FULL* of still-sometimes-unruly football fans, whether they be red or blue.

liverpool and everton have a very unique relationship, it's a special one in that it isn't sheer hatred all the time unlike what you find in manchester and london. hell, chris pajak's (of the redmen tv) brother is an evertonian. (and it's the reason why liverpool is the world's greatest football city and it's not remotely ****ing close. keep your milans and madrids.)
hey man, according to klopp, the parade alone shows theres no space for blues fans :P

yeah it's interesting indeed. one of my goals in life is to get out there to watch a match. i wish i could be at goodison but i might have to wait till they move to bramley moore. and hopefully when they're top 6 competitive......

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
hey man, according to klopp, the parade alone shows theres no space for blues fans :P

well, considering the red mist wafted from the top of the royal liver building (owned by farhad moshiri) at one point during the parade... :naughty:

14273048-7096217-image-a-119_1559503282411.jpg

f***ing SCENES

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
yeah it's interesting indeed. one of my goals in life is to get out there to watch a match. i wish i could be at goodison but i might have to wait till they move to bramley moore. and hopefully when they're top 6 competitive......

it's a very special city. of course it's quite cosmopolitan in the city centre but it still has the essence of a proper british port town.

when i visited for the first time, i felt validated in that i'm supporting an institution that belongs to *these* people. london and even manchester are basically new york city in terms of losing its historic identity nowadays. that is *not* the case on merseyside.

small (ish, about 500,000) city that carries itself as the center of the universe without losing their identity.

Reactions: OmNomNom

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
one for the road

e43de01f1353bfa294c9fdc2e997ddc7.jpeg

C A M P I O N E

and to put this into perspective: this is a big part of why i support this football club...

name me another institution in the world in which people in a bar in hoboken pop bottles for the exact same reason a stadium in f***ing indonesia looks like *this* (if it says "insensitive" trust me it's ok :laugh:)

no flags, no borders, no religions.

just liverpool football club.

Last edited:

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
one for the road

e43de01f1353bfa294c9fdc2e997ddc7.jpeg

C A M P I O N E

and to put this into perspective: this is a big part of why i support this football club...

name me another institution in the world in which people in a bar in hoboken pop bottles for the exact same reason and stadium in ****ing indonesia looks like *this* (if it says "insensitive" trust me it's ok :laugh:)

no flags, no borders, no religions.

just liverpool football club.

:thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd::thumbd:

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela

liverpool and everton have a very unique relationship, it's a special one in that it isn't sheer hatred all the time unlike what you find in manchester and london. hell, chris pajak's (of the redmen tv) brother is an evertonian. (and it's the reason why liverpool is the world's greatest football city and it's not remotely ****ing close. keep your milans and madrids.)
Iconic Everton tower vandalised for a second time in less than three days

man people gotta stop

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com

OmNomNom

Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Starting to get suspicious that whoever's doing this isn't really a Liverpool supporter and more a ******** trying to stir hate.

99.999% of Liverpool fans have the brain cells to understand that structure is part of the city's heritage.

750,000 people at a parade, takes one to tag a few sixes.
i agree with you - there's a LOT of international red fans who probably visited. i can totally imagine that 100% of these locals know what the lockup means in city history. or yeah, who knows, it could just be some random asshat

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
i agree with you - there's a LOT of international red fans who probably visited. i can totally imagine that 100% of these locals know what the lockup means in city history. or yeah, who knows, it could just be some random asshat

The first time it could have been drunken revelers from elsewhere on greater Merseyside.

The second time I do think it was a local shithead.

Reactions: OmNomNom

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
So now that the club season is over, it's time for international tournaments, which means Gold Cup time. And good f***ing gravy did Berhalter pick a terrible roster for it. It's abundantly clear that the entire reason he was hired over the likes of Martino and Lopetegui (who made no secret that they wanted this job is because he'd make sure the business model of "pick middling MLS players for international tournaments so that the federation can promote it" wouldn't change. To wit: Zardes and Altidore over Sargent, no CCV, no Kenny Saief (a guy who changed his FIFA nationality from Israel to the US because he really wanted to play for us). No Tim Weah but he's at the U-20s so that doesn't really count.

Berhalter is the worst aspects of our last two coaches rolled into one. He has the awful tactics and affinity for playing guys out-of-position (Tyler Adams is not a f***ing right back) of Klinsmann and the MLS favoritism of Arena. I'm convinced the only way things will ever change for our greedy, money-first federation is if enough people on top drop dead. For crying out loud, the Red Bull corporation values development of American talent more than our own federation. That's just sad.

If the USMNT crashes out of the tournament before the final, I'm cheering for Mexico from here on out.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
best part about this is neutrals talking about how boring the final was.

this seems familiar. :D
The irony is that the most legendary final of all time (1999 United-Bayern) was actually incredibly boring until the very end. The end was so spectacular nobody remembers that.

Reactions: New Jersey

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
I didn't watch the Jamaica or the Venezuela games. Hopefully lots of regular starters were left out?

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
:shakehead

A LOT going on here, aside from the fact that you're jumping ship to Mexico who will also never win a World Cup in our lifetimes. :laugh:
At least they had the good sense to hire Tata Martino when our federation told him to f*** off since he would have posed a threat to the Fed's business model.
I didn't watch the Jamaica or the Venezuela games. Hopefully lots of regular starters were left out?
Nah, seemed like the regular group of idiots. Once again, Tyler Adams played right back against Venezuela because he's being punished for playing in the Bundesliga, while godawful Wil Trapp gets rewarded for staying in MLS.

This is Berhalter's vaunted system he "obsesses" over. It's giving every MLS scrub a chance while guys like CCV and Sargent get none. It's exactly what the federation wants.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad