Blue Jays Discussion: The "So, How About Them Blue Jays?" Edition. [1.5 Games ahead of Yankees]

Status
Not open for further replies.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Stroman in Lansing on the 2nd, Buffalo on the 7th

New York on the 12th seems aggressive, but a playoff start in Lansing and a start against the Red Sox on the 18th would be cool.

Divine

Dec 18, 2010
For anyone interested, I just saw this.

You can now get MLB.TV premium for $2.50 for the rest of the year (not sure if USD or CAD). It carries the rest of the season and *supposedly* the entire playoffs for Canadian residents.

Link to sign up is here.

Full thread talking about it is here.

Notes:
To get $2.50 for the year, use the group buy link posted above or in the thread (same link).
After you sign up, you're going to get spammed with an email for every member that joins (there's A LOT) - so you can either add a rule (hotmail) or filter (Gmail)... or just deal with it until the 48 hours are up. I think there's about 12 hours left.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Imagine AA is calling the Angels GM every day with "I want Trout", and then one day the Angels GM just says "Fine! You can have him, just stop calling me every day!!" Didn't he do something like that to Billy Beane about Donaldson? :naughty:

calcal798

Jun 2, 2010
London
Stroman:

August 28: 55 Pitches - simulated game

September 2: 70 Pitches - Lansing

September 7: 85 Pitches - Buffalo

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Stroman in Lansing on the 2nd, Buffalo on the 7th

New York on the 12th seems aggressive, but a playoff start in Lansing and a start against the Red Sox on the 18th would be cool.

Would definitely give the Jays some options with the rotation .. A (realistic) best case scenario would see the Jays maintaining a 3 game lead (or so over the Yankees at that point for the division with Hutch pitching well following his recall ... Maybe skip a start for Buerhle or Dickey who may be a little worn out and if Stroman pitches well, go with a 6 man rotation to close out the season to give the arms some extra rest.

This goes under the very large assumption that they've got a solid lead the division though. If it's closer they Jays will want their best pitcher available going every night

TF97

Jul 4, 2010
Halifax, NS
Jose is really just trying to show AA how easy it is to make deals. He clearly hasn't forgiven him for not doing anything last deadline :sarcasm:

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Bautista doesn't think that one player can carry a team. Ergo Bautista disbelieves the "Morris changed teams fortunes" HOF argument!

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
So after saying he wouldn't do 1on1 interviews, Jose does a 1on1 with Barry. Trolol.

I wouldn't be surprised if SN ended up caving in after the story came out. Kinda really dumb SN didn't pay for the suit in the first place.

Even with all the new players on the team, Jose is still the real leader of this team IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad