Post-Game Talk: The sky isn't falling. 2-1 Jerts

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Speaking of league averages the boys on XMNHL network were mentioning that the current league average for goalies as of yesterday was .909
I'd like to see it shown as league average for starters. What is the average SV% of only the top goalie on each team. IMO that would be more representative as where you stand compared to other teams.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
I'd like to see it shown as league average for starters. What is the average SV% of only the top goalie on each team. IMO that would be more representative as where you stand compared to other teams.

Sv% for goalies that have played 7 games or more is currently sitting at 0.912 - not exactly what you're asking for, but it does represent 29 goalies. I assume that teams like VGK, who've gone through goalies like water, aren't represented in this number.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Sv% for goalies that have played 7 games or more is currently sitting at 0.912 - not exactly what you're asking for, but it does represent 29 goalies. I assume that teams like VGK, who've gone through goalies like water, aren't represented in this number.
Thanks Gin. Didn't mean for you to do the work, I could have taken the time to sort. I guess I was trying to say you can get a better handle how a goalie compares to a league average starter if you have a high threshold for games played so you can weed out guys who play very little. Either way Helly is well above the curve so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad