OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Thanks a lot.
don’t fret it. Play the long game. I’d take it as a good sign your GF’s mom and her minions want to spend time with you. You can put in the digs about it being par 3 and her novice level. I assume you’re obligated to the birthday lunch the next day. If they were not keen on you as a suitor for their daughter, they wouldn’t want to glom on to the par 3 game.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
So, the little guy's JV football game yesterday was a hot mess.

Questionable officiating led to players and parents losing their minds which led the head coach to pull the team off the field and head home with three minutes left in the first half.

Lots of parents were irate.

But, as a coach myself, I backed the decision.

Playing the game of football isn't a right. And sometimes hard lessons need to be taught about how playing a game is earned.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
So, the little guy's JV football game yesterday was a hot mess.

Questionable officiating led to players and parents losing their minds which led the head coach to pull the team off the field and head home with three minutes left in the first half.

Lots of parents were irate.

But, as a coach myself, I backed the decision.

Playing the game of football isn't a right. And sometimes hard lessons need to be taught about how playing a game is earned.

wow. example(s)?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
what was so questionable about the officiating that the team bailed less than halfway through?

It was a series of 5 or 6 questionable and/or nonsensical calls that just built the frustration up and up and up.

There was a questionable PF-Hitting a defenseless receiver call (defender didn't launch himself into the guy that had already caught the ball and just wrapped him up and caused him to drop the pass. He didn't even take the receiver to the ground or even really hit him that hard).

Then there was a play where the other team picked off a pass near the goal line, the DB ran it out to the 3 yard line where he was tackled. Then the refs called it a touchback.

Two face mask penalties on the other team were walked off for only 5 yards when every other facemask call this season has been 15 yards.

There was a phantom holding call on an end around play.

There was a sequence of plays where the defense jumped and the OLine reacted. When our defense jumped, they called it offside. When their defense jumped, they called it a false start on my son.

And the last one was a roughing the QB call for what the ref said was a forearm blow on the QB and it looked to our sideline like a clean two handed shove while the QB was in the process of throwing the ball.

After the TD on the play after the roughing the QB, a player was thrown out of the game, so the coach pulled the team so that nobody else got thrown out and possibly suspended for the last two games of the year.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Just drafted in my $150 12 team fantasy hockey league. Thoughts? There had to be a Sabres fan in this league, they went so high.

j8KJLIz.png

yahhockey

Jan 23, 2013
You never how the season will play out but you should be happy post draft. One week playoffs? I feel a little cheated when I have a solid season then get matched up with someone who has a ridiculous first week of playoffs so my season is over and that's playing for free, lol Actually this is the first year of nearly sitting out fantasy sports. My cousin was desperate for a player in his fantasy football league so I caved. Used to have eight hockey, twelve football, nascar, golf and pick 'ems but the joy to time ratio was diminishing so it was time to move on. In the big picture it was clearly too much even if I was still enjoying it.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Not sure this is the right place to ask - but are HF Sabres doing yahoo fantasy hockey this year? I haven't played for so long & while I can join a random league it would be more fun with some of you guys.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Anyone got a body weight only workout routine they do and wanna share?

Day one of the program I was doing is this:

Bicycle crunches x30
Jog in place for 15 seconds
Alternating side lunges with a rotation x 30
Alternating squat kicks x30
3-punch high knee kicks x30
"Quiet" burpees x30 (no jump)

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Thanks guys, I ended up just joining the gym half a kilometre away from my house. I wanna try and add some strength so figured lifting would be my best option. I did some deadlifts tonight and I think I’m gonna be sore tomorrow

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I went canoeing this weekend -- 20 miles, overnight stay on a camping platform. The first day was fun, dove off the boardwalk at Royal Springs (it's maybe 15' down to the water) and then my canoe partner decided to haul the front end of our craft out of the water at our takeout. Well... it did what any partially beached canoe does, it tipped me into the river. I'm sore as hell from getting twisted when I got dumped, but it was nice to get out of the house for the weekend.

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Just got a 9% raise last week. Called my wife to tell her and she said she just got a raise too. We waited for dinner that night to compare "new salaries" and I am back on top by $1,000.

We are making more money now then we did in Washington, DC. We always said, if we can make this kind of money in Buffalo we would be living the good life. What happened? ......Oh yeah, kids!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just got a 9% raise last week. Called my wife to tell her and she said she just got a raise too. We waited for dinner that night to compare "new salaries" and I am back on top by $1,000.

We are making more money now then we did in Washington, DC. We always said, if we can make this kind of money in Buffalo we would be living the good life. What happened? ......Oh yeah, kids!

That's great!

Reactions: Digable5

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
Looking for feedback: favorite cellular/data provider?

Depends on how often you travel and to where. If you're in a major city and don't travel very much, any of the cheaper carriers are usually fine. If you travel a lot or are in remote or rural areas often, Verizon and AT&T are the only two with very good coverage across the map.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Digable5

Buffalo Proton (Positively Charged)
Feb 23, 2004
West Seneca
Looking for feedback: favorite cellular/data provider?
I have AT&T for my personal phone and Verizon for my work phone. Coverage wise I have had no problems with either (except in DC, only Verizon is available on the Metro).

Customer Service wise there was one blip with AT&T that was mostly caused by Target when we upgraded phones. Otherwise they have been fairly helpful. I have a had some history of problems with Verizon but most recently they were completely useless when I called them to help pay a bill online for a new mobile hotspot for my office. Not only did the person not have a clue with what they were doing, when I figured it out for myself, the system still had to send me my pass code reset by mail (despite confirming my email on the account).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad