OT: The sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Good job! August 1st I’m back on the weight loss wagon, I have 20 I wanna lose.
Sign me up for 20 pounds too. If/when I can do that, we'll see about the next goal.

Had an interview this morning. Had a 2nd interview set up as soon as it ended. Will be interesting to see where this goes.
Only 3 options, right? 3rd interview. No more interviews. Job offer.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Nice. I've gone the opposite way over the past year. From 190 and in shape to 240 and fat. (Depression sucks)
It's all ebb and flow, buddy. Finding a fun way to get moving every day helps part one, but, more importantly, it points you in the right direction on the second part.

Reactions: Kyndig

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
Got out for the first round of the year today, shot a 92, still have the distance but my placement was a little weak. My current work schedule isn't all that conducive to having a hobby, or a life for that matter. Miss getting out 5 days a week.

Been feeling the itch to take off for a year or three and travel/ try working for myself, but I keep getting promotions and more pay so I haven't left. /firstworldproblems

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
It was like a three hour delay. She had a friend there with her, so they just had a few drinks and complained about the delay.

I feel like you should just expect to have a delay like that when connecting through O'Hare.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Was playing some NHL 18 last night while waiting for my wife to finish her violin practice. Hit the trade deadline in the 17-18 season, bottom of the division, on All-Star. I swear this game cheats. Made a few deals, though, because I was getting pissed off.

ROR + McCabe + 4th to Minny for Nino, Coyle, and a 1st
Fasching + 3rd to StL for Berglund
Kane to Winnipeg :laugh: for Kyle Connor and a future 1st

Earlier in the year I moved Lehner + Beaulieu to the Jets for Myers and Hellebucyk

So my lineup is something like:

Nino - Eichel - Okposo
Sheary - Coyle - Reinhart
Connor - Berglund - Bailey
Pouliot - Girgensons - Moulson

Myers - Risto
Scandella - Bogo
Falk - Tennyson

Hellebucyk
Ullmark

The hope is to be able to draft Dahlin. I'm working on having the roster be at least somewhat recognizable, so I don't want to keep a lot of guys around who have been traded.

Amusingly, when I named Jack captain after the trade deadline, he said, "What took you so long?"

Reactions: Graves and Scherbs

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Well, my wife is flying back through O'Hare today. Let's hope her flight into Rochester is somewhat close to on time.

I need to get up early tomorrow morning.

Odd that we both have to pick up our spouses from the airport tomorrow. May your trip home be as smooth and safe a I intend mine to be.

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Got out for the first round of the year today, shot a 92, still have the distance but my placement was a little weak. My current work schedule isn't all that conducive to having a hobby, or a life for that matter. Miss getting out 5 days a week.

Been feeling the itch to take off for a year or three and travel/ try working for myself, but I keep getting promotions and more pay so I haven't left. /firstworldproblems
I've got my first round in two years coming up. Every year at the family cabin we walk to the course in the Adirondacks. When I was playing weekly, the course tore me up, aside from a glorious eagle that I'll never get again. It's narrow as a pencil, which always murdered my intermittent slice. There's a 587 yarder with water, jerk trees everywhere, sand, and it's at just the right part of the course that the beer is wearing off. Brutal hole. Can't wait, though.
The last time I went up there, I hacked my brain to fix my slice. I hadn't golfed all that year, either, but that whole drive, I went through my swing in my head and fixed it. It worked--18 holes, no slices. Fairway woods launched beautifully. That's it, though. It was an abomination everywhere else.

Reactions: Graves

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I've only been through Midway a couple times, but never had an issue.

Well, my wife is flying back through O'Hare today. Let's hope her flight into Rochester is somewhat close to on time.

I need to get up early tomorrow morning.

Midway does ALOT less in terms of transfers than O'Hare. Southwest is the big airline through there. O'Hare is a major hub and seems to run into a lot of dominos with their planes/gates. Bad weather in Florida can make another plane be late in taking off, which will in turn block your gate, which will cause a delay. When I lived in Chicago I loved O'hare because I could take the blue line from my house straight to the airport (basically a 25m ride vs a 1h 15m ride for Midway) and I could get a direct flight basically anywhere.

But yeah. I'd say you'll get delayed 15-30 minutes about a 1/3rd of the time and 1 hr+ maybe 1/4 of the time at O'Hare. Unless you have like 15 minutes to go between terminals...then the plane will be right on time.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Well, after talking with my wife, and my dad.... The pros definitely out weigh the cons, which I basically knew but wanted to talk it out. So I've officially accepted the offer.

And now I get to go to work. Which is going to be awkward because I'm not going to tell my staff until I can tell my boss which I want to do face to face. And that can't happen until later this week.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
Well, after talking with my wife, and my dad.... The pros definitely out weigh the cons, which I basically knew but wanted to talk it out. So I've officially accepted the offer.

And now I get to go to work. Which is going to be awkward because I'm not going to tell my staff until I can tell my boss which I want to do face to face. And that can't happen until later this week.

Sounds like a good opportunity, though. Congrats man!

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Midway does ALOT less in terms of transfers than O'Hare. Southwest is the big airline through there. O'Hare is a major hub and seems to run into a lot of dominos with their planes/gates. Bad weather in Florida can make another plane be late in taking off, which will in turn block your gate, which will cause a delay. When I lived in Chicago I loved O'hare because I could take the blue line from my house straight to the airport (basically a 25m ride vs a 1h 15m ride for Midway) and I could get a direct flight basically anywhere.

But yeah. I'd say you'll get delayed 15-30 minutes about a 1/3rd of the time and 1 hr+ maybe 1/4 of the time at O'Hare. Unless you have like 15 minutes to go between terminals...then the plane will be right on time.
It's been a few years but, yeah, the blue line into the city from O'Hare is definitely the bomb for convenience. And the surface-street drive to Midway is cool too. It's like, OMG, there's a big airport here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad