The Simpsons: When will they end and how will they end?

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Everything has his end. Also the Simpsons will have a final episode. Nobody knows when and nobody knows how.

Will be the last one episode or even last season some recap of all, what we saw? Or will it be some short single story with open end?

Will there be some spin-off?

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
When the voice actors don't want to do it anymore..

Agreed, it hinges on the aging voice actors. And because they've been at it so long, I don't see an immediate spin-off. After the passage of some time, fans may crave a spin-off, and at that point producers could probably get by with some new voice actors (?)
I don't think there could be a finalé worthy of the series' stature, but it'll still be a big ratings night.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Agreed, it hinges on the aging voice actors. And because they've been at it so long, I don't see an immediate spin-off. After the passage of some time, fans may crave a spin-off, and at that point producers could probably get by with some new voice actors (?)
I don't think there could be a finalé worthy of the series' stature, but it'll still be a big ratings night.

With it being part of Disney now, there's always going to be some project in the works to milk the IP of value.

Reactions: NyQuil

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Probably never entirely

I did always think they should actually age the characters 10ish years so they can at least have some fresh storyline ideas (i.e., Bart and Lisa being teenagers)

Reactions: Perennial

Richard

Feb 8, 2012
Simpsons was the number 1 show on Disney plus- it'll continue for years and years on that platform even if Fox decides to retire them from the prime time. Animation is relatively cheap to make and Disney will recast if necessary.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Everything has his end. Also the Simpsons will have a final episode. Nobody knows when and nobody knows how.

Will be the last one episode or even last season some recap of all, what we saw? Or will it be some short single story with open end?

Will there be some spin-off?

sooner than later I hope--jumped the shark a long time ago

Ben Griebe

Sep 12, 2021
With it being part of Disney now, there's always going to be some project in the works to milk the IP of value.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
I know they have continued with some voice actors dying but Harry Shearer is almost 80, Julie Kavner is into her 70's, you'd hope if they pass they wouldn't continue but

Who knows what adventures they'll have between now and the time the show becomes unprofitable.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Haven’t really watched in the last 15 years.. at this point I want to see it keep going because of its ridiculous longevity .. but it jumped the shark many years ago.

I still prefer the reruns from all of the 90’a episodes.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Haven’t really watched in the last 15 years.. at this point I want to see it keep going because of its ridiculous longevity .. but it jumped the shark many years ago.

I still prefer the reruns from all of the 90’a episodes.
Pretty much. I first watched it in grade 8. A student brought it in, VHS of course and we watched it on the wheeled in TV. The episode when Bart goes to France as an exchange student. Blows my mind that it's still on TV.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It’s been around so long that it gaped the time that would pass for it to become a reboot.

Still pulling 3m viewers too so it’s not going anywhere.

I don’t watch it but I hope they get to 1000 episodes.

Perennial

Jun 27, 2020
The best idea I've heard for the finale is to have the final scene be Homer, Marge, and Maggie heading to the Annual Christmas Pageant at Springfield Elementary School... which is the opening scene in the very episode

This would make the series one gigantic loop which never ends

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad