Line Combos: The Shootout Shooters

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
No joke when I saw Clode chatting with Galchenyuk after the OT. I imaginated in a ideal world that he'll design him as one of the shooters in this shootout. Thereabouts a few of technical players available in this team that have their place for this activity. But no, in his mind the "Captain" is obligated to shoot them despite his square hands.

Instead of Julien, what are your shootout's shooters (Top 5) for this 2017/2018 season. Just for fun, let's forget for a moment the tank.

Julien told Chucky that he was penciled in to shoot in the 7th spot, because "that's when we'll really need you!"

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
Drouin
Galchenyuk
Pacioretty

Byron
?? I have no idea...

Yesterday, Scherbak and Galchenyuk should have been in.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Drouin
Galchenyuk
Scherbak
Hudon

I don't see how you don't reward Scherbak and Galchenyuk for their games last night.

Funny to see some of the best percentages in the "hands" of Eller, Desharnais and Markov on the list provided. Kind of indicates "hands" have something to do with success in a shootout. So I don't see how Scherbak and Chuck don't get a chance either.

I can see giving a Byron a try or not, he had good looks all night but couldn't cash in. Pacioretty I have no faith in to do much meaningful. He folded like a cheap tent.

Uncle Gary

Apr 12, 2014
It is simple decisions like this that really make me wonder about the intelligence of the coaching staff. I don't have the stats on hand but it seems Pacioretty is below average in the shootout and should never be one of the first 3 shooters. I firmly believe the chosen shooters should be based off who played a good game.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Look around the league. There are plenty of examples where the shootout selections make you scratch your head.

I have no problem with drouin and Byron shooting. I would not have gone with pacioretty though. Scherbak, lehokenen, and galchenyuk are all guys I'd rather see.

I noticed julien was having a lengthy and positive talk with galchenyuk just before the shootout began. I wonder what that was all about. My guess he was the 4th shooter.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Don't agree with using Pacioretty over Galchenyuk in the shootouts.
However, statistically wise Pacioretty is better.
Patch has scored 8 goals on 30 attempts.
Galchenyuk has scored 8 goals on 32 attemps.

Career Shootout Percentage (Active)
What your stats don't say is Galchenyuk was used a lot before, like 3 years ago. He did have some success in shot-outs at the beginning but he lost his touch or he didn't invent another deke move. I think he was used much less since last 2 years. I think he deserves other chances because he's competitive on the ice right now and I firmy beleive he would score against a goalie, 50-50% chances.
I can undersand they showcase Paccioretty for a possible trade. Is that means there were more scouts watching Paccioretty than Galchenyuk?

Or as it always happen, maybe the coach doesn't like him very much and we have now a personality conflict between two individuals but they have to deal with each other and find a way to transform all this into positive. alleluia, love comes to everyone.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Introduce youngsters as well as our talented hockey players to the SO. Naming a few isn't complicate :Scherbak, AG, Hudon, Mete, Lehkonen,etc. Give them some responsibility. All this steps will benefits for the two parts. Believe in them to take themselves advantage of this experience. Make them feel useful for their club. Create more shows for the "fefans. Regrettably so soft, annoying, boring, shameful their way of thinking. It stinks the failure (they okay with that).

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
after we are mathematically out of the playoffs, if we are in another shootout, i would like to see Price go down and take a shot!! :laugh::laugh:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Look around the league. There are plenty of examples where the shootout selections make you scratch your head.

I have no problem with drouin and Byron shooting. I would not have gone with pacioretty though. Scherbak, lehokenen, and galchenyuk are all guys I'd rather see.

I noticed julien was having a lengthy and positive talk with galchenyuk just before the shootout began. I wonder what that was all about. My guess he was the 4th shooter.

I think that convo was more about CJ telling him how good he was in OT. That shift was pure magic.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
I think the shooters should be more focused on which players were having the best games, Drouin scored a goal to get it to OT and Chucky/Scherbak were flying, throw out three guys like that who were playing with confidence offensively before the shootout.

Patch is 0/8 the last two years in shootouts and still gets thrown out each one lol.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I think the shooters should be more focused on which players were having the best games, Drouin scored a goal to get it to OT and Chucky/Scherbak were flying, throw out three guys like that who were playing with confidence offensively before the shootout.

Patch is 0/8 the last two years in shootouts and still gets thrown out each one lol.

patch is hopeless in the shootout and on breakaways.....he is a shooter, and thats it....he is lost on a breakaway

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad