The Sharks and their new GM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sep 23, 2005
Hamilton
Hello to all of you fellow hockey enthusiasts, my name is Dave and I am now officially the new GM of the Sharks. I'm very excited to start the season. I have much to learn about this league but I'm sure I will be able to pick things up quiet easily. It was recommended I make a creative post about my new position as the GM of said Sharks so I will do my best to entertain you!

First things first, it has come to my attention that I have a plethera of prospects in which I must cut down to a smaller amount. I will be looking to move anywhere from 20 to 25 players, if you have any interest in prospects let me know as from taking a look at the list of players I can say most if not all are available to be moved (some players may take a bit more for me to get rid of though so keep that in mind, I am trying to get rid of them but I'm not giving them away!)

Although I havent had that much time to inspect my rosters/prospects at first glance my team does look like it needs some work but thats why I'm here. I am always open to trade offers, I will give everything atleast one look, maybe two if it looks tasty.

Once I get down to business I will be able to discuss my team in more depth as I have only recently found out about my acquistion of this team. Thanks for letting me join and I hope all of you have a good season, you will being hearing from me in the future!

Dave - New GM of the Sharks

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Welcome aboard Dave! We'll try not to let your association with Mr. Otten compromise any first impressions. Good luck this season!

BTW, Reggie got your prospects offers and will be responding shortly.

Cheers,

Nick Quain
GM St. Louis Blues

HFNHL Red Wings

Welcome aboard Dave.

You better be careful though as you have two strikes against you ...
(i) As Dr. Sens(e) already mentioned you're associated with Mr. Otten
(ii) The outgoing GM fleeced a few newbie GM's in trades in the past and those that are still around may be looking for some payback ;)

Seriously though we hope you enjoy the league as we enter our 7th year.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
Welcome Dave! Intrested in any Tampa Bay players? Check my roster and get back to me.

regards

Martin Sedin
GM Tampa Bay, one of the few that has been around in this league since the very begining.

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
We may be in the minority, but there are actually quite a few of us left. Taking a look through the team list...

Stan/Jim - PHX
Martin - MTL
Rich - NJD
Sean - NYR
Claudio - PHI
Martin - TAM
Mike - LAK
Nick - STL
Douglas - CBJ

That's almost 1/3rd... pretty good for a league in its 7th year of operations, I'd say, and longer than many NHL GMs last. ;)

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Ohio Jones said:
We may be in the minority, but there are actually quite a few of us left. Taking a look through the team list...

Stan/Jim - PHX
Martin - MTL
Rich - NJD
Sean - NYR
Claudio - PHI
Martin - TAM
Mike - LAK
Nick - STL
Douglas - CBJ

That's almost 1/3rd... pretty good for a league in its 7th year of operations, I'd say, and longer than many NHL GMs last. ;)

and how many Stanley cup have the original GM won? :eek:

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
islanders said:
and how many Stanley cup have the original GM won? :eek:

I feel I would have been there with Washington if I had continued on there, but after three seasons I bit the bullet and took over a drowning Blue Jackets franchise.

What's everyone else's excuse? :sarcasm:

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Ohio Jones said:
I feel I would have been there with Washington if I had continued on there, but after three seasons I bit the bullet and took over a drowning Blue Jackets franchise.

What's everyone else's excuse? :sarcasm:

Are you saying that you are a better GM than Andrew since he hasn't won a cup after taking over the Washington team

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
There was a GM in between - Marcel Daigneault - who did a fair bit of damage to the squad before Andrew joined, so Andrew didn't start where I left off.

And yes, I'm a better GM than Andrew. :sarcasm:

HFNHL Red Wings

Well maybe the Washington GM(s) could have done better had a certain GM not given up 5 1st round picks by signing RFA Daniel Cleary :propeller

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Ohio Jones said:

Stan/Jim - PHX
Martin - MTL
Rich - NJD
Sean - NYR
Claudio - PHI
Martin - TAM
Mike - LAK
Nick - STL
Douglas - CBJ

HEY! Don't forget me - although yes - I did leave for a couple of seasons --

Matthew
GM Flames

Ohio Jones

Game on...
Feb 28, 2002
Great White North
HFNHL Flames said:
HEY! Don't forget me - although yes - I did leave for a couple of seasons --

Matthew
GM Flames

Yep - only those still on the first tour of duty need apply... but you get bonus points for coming back to the fold, Matthew!

And I know you weren't talking about me, Drewski - 3 late first-rounders for JP Dumont was teh worst of my excesses as Washington GM.

Tampa GM

Mar 1, 2002
Visit site
The only thing I have won in HFNHL is the first overall pick in the draft of 99. Its time to win something now!

What season was it when atleast 5 of the GMs was called Martin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad