OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
I was thinking about hillel today..so here's some freaky styley

its odd...when I think rhcp, I think slovak (even though I consider frusciante one of the most influential gee-tarrists of the past 30 years)

anyway...

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
wMPAPNJ.png

If anyone cares.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I actually never listened to them much until I got into Eno years back and sorta branched off from there.

Ferry is indeed one smoove motherf***er.

The above isn't the album version and is weirdly cut off about halfway through the song but I just had to post it because of the outrageous outfits and set.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This reminded me to take the ol' Selmer in for a servicing and new tubes.

I just had to have this done to the 68 DRRI. I just reglassed the whole thing even though I'm sure at least one power tube, the rectifier and several of the preamp tubes are still fine.

Shits expensive, man.

Last edited:
Reactions: HandshakeLine

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
I just had to have this done to the 68 DRRI. I just reglassed the whole thing even though I'm sure at least one power tube, the rectifier and several of the preamp tubes are still fine.

Shits expensive, man.

Yeah, and hard to find sometimes. I keep blowing up the ECC83/12AX7s in this bad boy for some reason, so that's the other reason it's at my dude Petr's right now.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, and hard to find sometimes. I keep blowing up the ECC83/12AX7s in this bad boy for some reason, so that's the other reason it's at my dude Petr's right now.

Do you use all NOS stuff? I have some old bastards kicking around from a couple ancient organs my friend and I cannibalized years back but most of 'em are too far gone, particularly for trying in like V1 and V2 in the DR. Too bad too because there are a few GEs in that batch. But as far as new glass is concerned, I've had good luck so far with Mesa 12AX7s and 12AT7s. They aren't TOO pricey per unit though a slight premium from like JJs and EHX.

My amp is really sensitive to what it gets in V1 and V2. I'll stick a tube that is fine further down the line up to V2 and it'll struggle. I'm not familiar with the Selmer's circuit but I bet it's a similar situation. You aren't red plating or anything, right? I figure your dude would see that right away. I learned somewhat recently that with these combo amps you can literally vibrate a tube to death so maybe that could be it, too.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Do you use all NOS stuff? I have some old bastards kicking around from a couple ancient organs my friend and I cannibalized years back but most of 'em are too far gone, particularly for trying in like V1 and V2 in the DR. Too bad too because there are a few GEs in that batch. But as far as new glass is concerned, I've had good luck so far with Mesa 12AX7s and 12AT7s. They aren't TOO pricey per unit though a slight premium from like JJs and EHX.

My amp is really sensitive to what it gets in V1 and V2. I'll stick a tube that is fine further down the line up to V2 and it'll struggle. I'm not familiar with the Selmer's circuit but I bet it's a similar situation. You aren't red plating or anything, right? I figure your dude would see that right away. I learned somewhat recently that with these combo amps you can literally vibrate a tube to death so maybe that could be it, too.

Drummer hit drum. Louder? Hit drum harder.

Need maintenance?

s-l300.jpg

Boom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad