OT: The Semi-Annual, Taste Optional Music Thread: Post Your Feel-Bad Hit of the Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Any other fans of Plini 'round here?

I don't know that I could name a single one of his songs by ear but Plini is one of a group of really good prog instrumentals that I like to put on while working during the day. Plini, Chon, Scale the Summit. Sithu Aye is pretty good as well although for whatever reason, I never really got into Polyphia at all.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia

1-Apologies for the potato quality but cmon, it was 1981
2-Fripp/Belew/Levin/Bruford were amazing in their way but they probably should have gone ahead and used the name Discipline as originally intended. Not sure the stuff they did really fit with the King Crimson oeuvre
3-The visual here is 100% a group of high school science teachers deciding to get together and form a band in their spare time
4-Just picture a teenage Les Claypool listening to this and taking furious notes

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Just think, there's a whole generation of kids now that only know Robert Fripp because he releases weekly cover songs with his wife who likes to show off her nips.

"Who is this crazy old math professor and why is his wife wearing a see-through piece of red gauze?"

It's pretty terrific that he plays through what sounds like a 10 dollar practice amp he found in a dumpster somewhere, too.

Reactions: Deport Ogie

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea

1-Apologies for the potato quality but cmon, it was 1981
2-Fripp/Belew/Levin/Bruford were amazing in their way but they probably should have gone ahead and used the name Discipline as originally intended. Not sure the stuff they did really fit with the King Crimson oeuvre
3-The visual here is 100% a group of high school science teachers deciding to get together and form a band in their spare time
4-Just picture a teenage Les Claypool listening to this and taking furious notes

That Chapman Stick fits Tony to a T. Gonna pull out Larks' Tongues in Aspic and dig on John Wetton. Coming up on its 50th year anniversary.

Reactions: Deport Ogie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad