Taco Enthusiast
Feb 10, 2011
Victoria, BC
Burrows
Kassian
Edler
Higgins
Schroeder

We would win at least 80% of shootouts with that line-up every time.

I'm a fan of the shootout, I love the pressure and the intensity.

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
The Sedins don't do well in shootouts because they don't practice them enough.

To all the people complaining about them getting put in the shootouts, if you actually look at the numbers i'm certain they have the least shootout attempts out of any star players in the league.

They're very skilled players, if they actually took the time to practice them and were consistently put in shootout situations i'm certain they would eventually figure it out (at least to the point of not being horrid).

Another poster mentioned something that I agree with in that the Sedins seem almost afraid to attempt dynamic moves or dangles, they don't have the boldness of a lot of younger players seem to have.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
To all the people complaining about them getting put in the shootouts, if you actually look at the numbers i'm certain they have the least shootout attempts out of any star players in the league.

Between the two of them, they had one SO attempt last season. But it could be the question of the chicken or the egg.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
you guys are way too psycho with wanting to kick tvs when they get a shot.

the only way for them to get better at it is for them to get attempts once in a while.

I have no problem with it.

Every year the Sedins seem to improve some aspect of their game. They're very dedicated players I wouldn't put it past them to change the perception people have of them in the shootout within a single season, even this shortened one.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011
you guys are way too psycho with wanting to kick tvs when they get a shot.

the only way for them to get better at it is for them to get attempts once in a while.

I have no problem with it.

Every year the Sedins seem to improve some aspect of their game. They're very dedicated players I wouldn't put it past them to change the perception people have of them in the shootout within a single season, even this shortened one.

They've had years and years to improve their shootout moves. If they're too stubborn to go in with speed then they can sit down permanently. There is no excuse for the nonsense they are pulling in the shootout. If they want to go in that slow then they better start practicing their p kane dangling skills. They barely even put any power into their shots. So embarrassing.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
They've had years and years to improve their shootout moves. If they're too stubborn to go in with speed then they can sit down permanently. There is no excuse for the nonsense they are pulling in the shootout. If they want to go in that slow then they better start practicing their p kane dangling skills. They barely even put any power into their shots. So embarrassing.

They hardly get any attempts. Can't get better if you get no attempts.

If you're such an expert shootout coach perhaps you should send your resume in to them.

There's YT videos in this very topic of some very nice shootout goals.

They've had some cringeworthy fails but so have stars like Kovalchuk. The difference? Kovy gets way more attempts

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011

Other than Burrows and Edler, I can't think of a player that made more SO attempts for the Canucks than Daniel. He's just not very good at it.

luongo321

Apr 12, 2011

If you're such an expert shootout coach perhaps you should send your resume in to them.

There's YT videos in this very topic of some very nice shootout goals.

They've had some cringeworthy fails but so have stars like Kovalchuk. The difference? Kovy gets way more attempts

There is absolutely no progress in their shootout attempts. They can take as many attempts as they want in practice. It's not as if they're only allowed to do this in an official game.

GCM

Stork
Jun 22, 2010
There is absolutely no progress in their shootout attempts. They can take as many attempts as they want in practice. It's not as if they're only allowed to do this in an official game.

In a game is very different from in practice. You need real game experience, practice can only go so far.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
There isn't a whole lot of difference between practice and in-game for something like the shootout, where the focus is very narrow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad