The Second 2019-20 Utica Comets Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Can we have a separate thread for those wanting the affiliate to move. They’re off topic for the Utica season threads.

i don't want the team to move. i like the idea of being in the east in the old ahl heartland. i dig the idea of bus travel and old school fan bases. i even think it gives our team a bit of an advantage to have minor league presence in the east adding to our knowledge of the league.

but i think the discussion is legitimate when people are constantly complaining about how many buses and player depth the marlies have, and generally holding up the marlies model. if that what we are going to demand or expect the owner spend more on the ahl team, i think that leads down the road of evaluating how to pay for it and how to leverage that kind of additional cost to really improve player development.

Reactions: sting101

4Twenty

Dec 18, 2018
i don't want the team to move. i like the idea of being in the east in the old ahl heartland. i dig the idea of bus travel and old school fan bases. i even think it gives our team a bit of an advantage to have minor league presence in the east adding to our knowledge of the league.

but i think the discussion is legitimate when people are constantly complaining about how many buses and player depth the marlies have, and generally holding up the marlies model. if that what we are going to demand or expect the owner spend more on the ahl team, i think that leads down the road of evaluating how to pay for it and how to leverage that kind of additional cost to really improve player development.
Fair enough. I don't think the issues are cost with the Comets, it has to do with poor management of the Canucks and by extension the Comets. I already made by diatribe last week about having veterans down there, I won't do it again now.

I was hoping to read a more extensive review of Juolevi from the weekend.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
Fair enough. I don't think the issues are cost with the Comets, it has to do with poor management of the Canucks and by extension the Comets. I already made by diatribe last week about having veterans down there, I won't do it again now.

I was hoping to read a more extensive review of Juolevi from the weekend.

i often hope for something similar in the juolevi thread, so i sympathize.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
12/19/19
Utica Comets at Bridgeport Sound Tigers

Forwards:
Bailey/Jasek/Lind
Goldobin/Camper/MacEwen
Gadjovich/Bancks/Perron
Baertschi/Malone/Boucher

D-pairs:
Juolevi/Sautner
Leblanc/Teves
Brisebois/Rafferty

Goal - McIntyre

Scratches:
Healthy -
Bachman
Eliot
Pope
Sorenson
Stevenson
Arseneau

Injured -
Blujus
Hamilton

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
The Bridgeport feed is pure s**t. The picture keeps clicking in and out and a few minutes before the goal the audio went down.

S-------C-----O------R-----E!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bailey on a beautiful cross ice pass to Bailey sitting on the backside post for an easy tap in. 1-0 Comets

Bailey from Baertschi and Lind. A PP goal.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets still allowing opponents way too much room in their end, no one takes the body, nor challenges the puck possessor.

It's like watching a no-check beer league. Playing in this empty tomb tonight makes it appear even moreso.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Man, guys just line up in the Comets zone to shoot and no one challenges them!

K-Rock has gone to music. Not even carrying a radio feed.

I'm watching the Bridgeport feed right now at the end of the first.It's still got the same problems but you can watch it and risk a seizure from the twitching picture.

1-0 Comets.

SOG 14-7 Utica.

Justin Bailey has scored a goal in 5 straight games which is the longest streak in the AHL this year.

The Tigers between period chatter is highlighting the Comets offensive numbers keying in on Boucher, Bailey, and Rafferty.

Last edited:

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm less and less hopeful for Rafferty the more I see him. Just always getting caught up the ice on ill considered rushes, seldom gets back to defend. Ready to jump up in the play good idea or bad. Looking like a good AHL offenseman in the making right now...

go comets

Jul 10, 2013
Well I'll be honest with Ollie.. he's slow, he's soft and has already had to change his game into a shot blocking Defenseman to keep his worth.

Without some major improvement in skating I'm afraid he's just another run of the mill AHL defenseman....

Probably not a good idea to keep asking about him if you won't accept the facts.....

Biggest needs are skating speed and a veteran partner to mentor him.. probably not a snowballs chance in hell of either of those things happening...

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Man, guys just line up in the Comets zone to shoot and no one challenges them!

K-Rock has gone to music. Not even carrying a radio feed.

I'm watching the Bridgeport feed right now at the end of the first.

1-0 Comets.
Yeah I switched feeds early in the period. The webcast is giving me a headache.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Doubling the actual attendance in the building from two to four.

Incredible just how empty that big barn is! It seats 10,000 and you can actually count fans as the game goes up and down the rink. Unless they are all in the upper seats this building borders on empty.

UticaHockey

Feb 27, 2013
Utica, NY
Incredible just how empty that big barn is! It seats 10,000 and you can actually count fans as the game goes up and down the rink. Unless they are all in the upper seats this building borders on empty.
Not sure about the logic of a Monday night game in this league.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Tie game 3 minutes into the 2nd.

Watching the Tigers move in for that goal was vomit inducing.

Bad Goalie

Jan 2, 2014
Comets back on the PP.

G------O------A-------L !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lind picks up a PP goal on a great feed from Boucher on the back side.

Lind from Boucher and Bailey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad