The Search for the Next Coach

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
grant_g_keenan_sl_64011.jpeg

My vote goes to this guy.

Really whip this punk team into shape.

That's who I've been hoping for. We need someone to make these kids realize they are nothing special, especially if they aren't winning ****.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I wonder if Messier would be in the mix as an assistant coaching role under Keenan if we hired him.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
Does anyone know if this guy is available? Maybe he can get the Oilers to fly together! :D

Gordon_D2-The-Mighty-Ducks-19640915-1710-1161.jpg

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Weight has been an assistant with the Ilses since he retired.

I dont think he has what it takes to be an NHL head coach though.

I think we need to make some personal changes... Remember the Visnovsky deal? Stoll + Greene For Lubo.

We dont have a Lubo, but we have a multitude of players worth more than Lubo was in those days. We ought to make a deal like that four damn times, get us some Defenceman with some heart and soul, some two-way centers, and some damn work ethic.

greene454.jpg

We need guys that care this much if we want to win Hockey games and see the Playoffs again. We need our identity as a team that just wanted it more than everyone else back, time to get it back. Screw you Eberle, Hall, RNH, Perron, Schultz...

Get me some damn heart, build around that McDavid kid and insulate him with a big strong team that gives a damn and knows how to win.

I dont care if we have to ice 4 3rd lines, but the play we have seen in the last little while is just unnacceptable. The Coaching and the management has to go. Getzlaf running Scrivens was absolutely embarrassing.

The player that is most like Greene for me coming up is Jarred Tinordi and the player most like Stoll is Boone Jenner. Although I disagree with screw all our skill players, well except for Schultz he's all sorts of useless. There is a balance between what we were and what we presently are that would make for a successful team, our 3 skill lines isn't working I'm fully for scrapping that idea we are not like L.A. or Chicago where they might have 3 scoring lines, but all of their lines provide some grit and can play D. It's really sad that this organization is content to sit on there hands and make us suffer through this crap product for another season, I'm so sick of tanking I don't care how good McJesus is at this point, I just want a team that isn't an embarrassment.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
The player that is most like Greene for me coming up is Jarred Tinordi and the player most like Stoll is Boone Jenner. Although I disagree with screw all our skill players, well except for Schultz he's all sorts of useless. There is a balance between what we were and what we presently are that would make for a successful team, our 3 skill lines isn't working I'm fully for scrapping that idea we are not like L.A. or Chicago where they might have 3 scoring lines, but all of their lines provide some grit and can play D. It's really sad that this organization is content to sit on there hands and make us suffer through this crap product for another season, I'm so sick of tanking I don't care how good McJesus is at this point, I just want a team that isn't an embarrassment.

Haven't seen him enough to form an opinion myself but when asking around, William Lagesson brings a lot of what Greene had. He's ofc likely to be at least 4 years away but will be interesting to follow him this upcoming wjc if he makes the final cut. Considering the strength of the Swedish D it's impressive that he's in the mix. Doesn't really help us right now though.

On topic. Keenan would at least be interesting, coaching in the KHL probably taught him something about coaching euros something this club has been struggling with.

TimeForAnOilChange

From OTTERS 2 OILERS
May 4, 2010
Made by MacTambLowe
??? Our last 3 coaches have all been outsiders. If Babcock is available I would bet we would hire him. We'll likely contact him. Imo it's unlikely he'd be looking to coach the Oilers but who knows? If he sees untapped greatness in our lineup he may relish the challenge.

There were rumours older than this that he wants to end up in Pittsburgh. I'm guessing that's where he's going, or at least an established team like that.

LOL, you were saying...?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I wonder if Ted Nolan is the next coach fired with his team 2 wins out of the last wild card spot.

Maybe we can swap him and the now unemployed Eakins.

Both teams get what they want. A tanking Buffalo and a hard working Oilers.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
I wonder if Ted Nolan is the next coach fired with his team 2 wins out of the last wild card spot.

Maybe we can swap him and the now unemployed Eakins.

Both teams get what they want. A tanking Buffalo and a hard working Oilers.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Nolan and Lowe would not be a good mix lol

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012
If we're gonna go through the process of hiring a new coach, I'd sincerely hope they don't settle for the Keenans and Nolans, both of which have mediocre records and seem to overstay their welcome after a couple of seasons.

They shouldn't just want any HC "with NHL experience", I want one with a good track record.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
If we're gonna go through the process of hiring a new coach, I'd sincerely hope they don't settle for the Keenans and Nolans, both of which have mediocre records and seem to overstay their welcome after a couple of seasons.

They shouldn't just want any HC "with NHL experience", I want one with a good track record.

Give Babcock anything and everything he's ever wanted. We pay Nikitin 4.5 million a year, what's wrong with giving Babcock 5 and letting him gm and coach.

McIce Whole

Jan 7, 2008
Edmonton
I hope Lowe/Mact/Howson are canned at the end of the season and a guy like Shero gets hired. Maybe then we will actually interview a few candidates and hire the best possible one. Preferably someone that has experience and a good track record...except Bylsma.

molsonmuscle360

Jan 25, 2009
Ft. McMurray Ab
I wonder if Nelson would be willing to stick around in an associate coaching role if we do somehow land Babcock. He wants a GM/Coach role, so he'll need an associate who's in deep with the team to keep things going when he's busy. I actually think they'd make a great pairing. Nelson has good PP systems and Babcock is a 5on5 genius.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I wonder if Nelson would be willing to stick around in an associate coaching role if we do somehow land Babcock. He wants a GM/Coach role, so he'll need an associate who's in deep with the team to keep things going when he's busy. I actually think they'd make a great pairing. Nelson has good PP systems and Babcock is a 5on5 genius.

I doubt it because I think Nelson wants to be an HC in the NHL, hence why he hasn't take any kind of assistant or associate positions since his last assistant coaching stint.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad