GDT: The Schneiderman's Redemption: ECQF Game 4 - Lightning @ Devils, 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
"yeaaAAHHHHH... OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhh"

Moore out for Mueller would be a massive upgrade... even if Lovejoy stays in. Moore sucks.

The sequence of him failing to keep the zone, giving up a near breakaway and then hitting the guy on the top of his head with his stick was absurd.

I appreciate the guy's compete level and his positives, but man it's tough to watch him on defense.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
They did score on the PK but it wasn't because of our forwards. On one goal, Lovejoy chased the puck BEHIND the net, leaving his man wide open in the slot for a tap in. The Stamkos goal was a nice shot that went through Schneider.

Fake news.

1st tampa PP goal was on Coleman (Sal did an entire X's & O's breakdown on this during the postgame)

2nd Tampa PP goal was on Nico, completely leaving Stamkos way, way too alone & completely unchallenged

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Fake news.

1st tampa PP goal was on Coleman (Sal did an entire X's & O's breakdown on this during the postgame)

2nd Tampa PP goal was on Nico, completely leaving Stamkos way, way too alone & completely unchallenged

Coleman would be killing penalties anyway, Nico might be killing penalties too unless both guys were in the lineup, Zacha would probably be the first one to get taken off the PK for one of Gibbons/Grabner

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Am I the only one who does not mind having Stafford in? He did a good job on the powerplay last game since they are utilizing him in the slot where he can use his quick release, he almost had two goals. I do not mind him getting 4th line mins and PP time.

Nope, I'm fine with Stafford as well (and have been since 2nd half of season)

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Am I the only one who does not mind having Stafford in? He did a good job on the powerplay last game since they are utilizing him in the slot where he can use his quick release, he almost had two goals. I do not mind him getting 4th line mins and PP time.
i'd agree since he's getting minimal usage. legit he had 5:30 of 5 on 5 time on thursday tho

dug a bit though, and though the sample size is small, he needs to step it up. Here are the teams' shots for/shots against

oIKifYH.png

Note: Trav is a god

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Coleman would be killing penalties anyway, Nico might be killing penalties too unless both guys were in the lineup, Zacha would probably be the first one to get taken off the PK for one of Gibbons/Grabner

Coleman
Gibbons
Grabner
Zajac

When they were in the lineup.

And that was the best Devils PK since the Madolpho days.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Fake news.

At the same time, the real problem was Vatanen's misjudgement thinking he'd get the puck, so he chased down the TB guy/puck, but was deep in the corner, but didn't get the puck. Lovejoy came around behind the net thinking he'd follow up Vatanen behind the puck, but since Vatanen didn't gain posession, both were basically behind the net and forwards didn't get back in time.

Doesn't mean its forward's problem per se. They were late, but they all assumed Vatanen would have positive possession of puck (but he didn't get it).

I think if you have to blame someone, its either Vatanen for misjudging or Lovejoy for not playing safe enough to cover front.. But it was a screwup either way.

Reactions: SpeakingOfTheDevils

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Am I the only one who does not mind having Stafford in? He did a good job on the powerplay last game since they are utilizing him in the slot where he can use his quick release, he almost had two goals.

He "almost" had 2 goals, means he had 0 goals, as usual.

I actually dont recall either of these "almosts" either, though I do recall the time he was set-up all alone in the slot with a beautiful pass, 10 feet from goal, on a moving goalie, where it would have been a goal if he just put it on net, and he completely fanned on the shot. That I recall.

Hell, maybe he'll score tonight, one of these years he has to, right?

Stafford last scored a goal 23 games ago.

Drew Stafford GAME LOG

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
i'd agree since he's getting minimal usage. legit he had 5:30 of 5 on 5 time on thursday tho

dug a bit though, and though the sample size is small, he needs to step it up. Here are the teams' shots for/shots against

oIKifYH.png

Note: Trav is a god
Dat Lovejoy doe :sarcasm:

Reactions: OmNomNom

BenedictGomez

Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Then there's Boyle with 2 goals in his last 44 games, and only playing 5 minutes 48 seconds last game.

Clearly that's far more valuable than getting Gibbons or Grabner into the lineup to help shut-down arguably the best PowerPlay in the entire NHL.

Another smart decision.

Life-is-like-Forrest-Gump-fb-Facebook-Profile-Timeline-Cover_facebook_cover.jpg

Reactions: New Jersey

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar

I actually dont recall either of these "almosts" either, though I do recall the time he was set-up all alone in the slot with a beautiful pass, 10 feet from goal, on a moving goalie, where it would have been a goal if he just put it on net, and he completely fanned on the shot. That I recall.

Drew Stafford GAME LOG
All I am saying is Stafford is not hurting the team when he is out there. Production wise there is no argument. Bratt Gibbons and Grabner have like 2 points in their last 10 games while Stafford has 3. It is a moot point to talk about production where the 4 potential forwards are all producing jack shit. The only argument for against Stafford is the PK role for Grabner/Gibbons, which is a good argument and something I agree with you on.

Edit: But let's see, it does not surprise me staff is going with the same lineup. They played their best game of the series in game 3.

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey

Drew Stafford GAME LOG

At the same time he had 3 assists in his last 4 games. Cherry picked stat is cherry picked stat either way. :sarcasm:

Grabner is probably more effective on PK than Gibbons, generally speaking, but he didn't look good either way.

I'd rather have Grabner than Gibbons, personally, but Grabner has been so atrocious in ES play because he doesn't know what to do with the puck, i'm okay with Stafford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad