The Scariest Defensemen Pairing of Modern Era?

Would peak Scott Stevens & peak Konstantinov be the scariest d-men pairing to play against?

• Total voters

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
I'd go Chara/Pronger. Stevens and Vlad were both better hitters but Chara and Pronger would destroy anyone in a fight, as well as put you through the boards. The fear factor is higher with those two.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
If "modern era" is post expansion you'd probably want Potvin as your RD, or maybe Chelios. Stevens, Pronger or Chara are all viable LD options.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Peak Chara/Pronger
Or
Peak Chara/Weber

I think weber is a good alternative because then the puck becomes a weapon too :laugh:

like not only do i have to try to skate by you without getting killed, you're saying you can kill me when I'm nowhere near you? f*** this

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
If we don't care about handedness then I would say Scott Stevens or Potvin and someone like Darius Kasparaitis who didn't score much, but he was a nightmare to play against.

Hockey Outsider

Jan 16, 2005
What about the Potvin and Vasilyev duo?

Can anyone tell me if Vasilyev was a scary bone crushing d-man? I haven't seen much of him, only the 1981 CC

Vasiliev was a very good hitter. Not quite the same fear factor as Stevens, but he'd be pretty high up on the list. Vasiliev and Potvin would be very tough to play against.

Reactions: NigerianNightmare

ForsbergForever

May 19, 2004
After some thought, a pairing of prime Scott Stevens and Rob Blake might be comparable if maybe one notch below Chara-Pronger in terms of intimidation and puck possession ability.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad