Post-Game Talk: The Saviour Givith!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
You do REALIZE it's the preseason, right?

You do REALIZE it's the first game with Babcock behind the bench, right?

You do REALIZE we had a lineup full of rookies, right?

You do REALIZE these games don't count and vets don't give full effort, right?

Babcock coached all season last year.

We had a lineup full of rookies or a lineup with vets who don't give effort? Make up your mind.

If you read a previous post I made, I recognized it's preseason, but there are people giving tons of praise without recognizing that we played against a bad AHL team last night and we iced what will be close to the opening night lineup. And we looked bad most of the game. There were bad turnovers early that were not capitalized on because the other team had no skill in their lineup. Then these same people are saying look how great it is that we had the puck, but again, when you ice an NHL team against an AHL team, you should expect to have the puck all night.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
The name is definitely fitting, but at least try to make it believable lol.

If the Leafs are out possessing a team 63% to 37% in the regular season consistently, they'll be destroying teams.

Man I must have missed the new relegation rules that will see us playing in the AHL this season so we can expect to replicate the conditions from last night.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
He's quite good positionally and breaks up a lot of plays in a more cerebral way than other players. The narrative that he isn't good defensively is tired and not accurate.

His skill helps him overcome his lack of effort. He will get exposed if he doesn't evolve his 200ft game. Nothing to be overly concerned about in early October on a young team that is expected to lose. But just an observation on things he needs to improve on.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I don't see him as a pure sniper. His game seems to be more suited for centre, but he doesn't have the 200ft game yet to be a centre in the NHL. He comes off to me as the laziest forward of the guys who matter for us long term.

He isn't a pure sniper, you're right. He's a dynamic offensive player with lots of offensive tools in his arsenal, but his shot is awesome.. It makes zero sense to trade him for a sniper, when he's fully capable of doing the sniping for us.

Honestly wouldn't surprise me if Nylander hits 25-30 this year, especially if Babcock keeps him with Matthews all year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad