The Saad Truth

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Apparently he wants to get paid $$$$$ now.

What are your thoughts?

Max you would give him?
Consider trading him in fear of an offer sheet?
What kind of haul could we get?

Would allow us to keep everyone else outside of Bickell.

I personally fear an offer sheet and wouldn't be 100% against testing the market to keep Sharp or Seabs. Not ideal though, and hope Saad will just take a bridge or cheap long term deal.

Last edited:

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012

What are your thoughts?

Max you would give him?
Consider trading him in fear of an offer sheeted?

I personally fear an offer sheet and wouldn't be 100% against testing the market to keep Sharp or Seabs. Not ideal though, and hope Saad will just take a bridge or cheap long term deal.
I'd never consider trading him.

2x3M
8x5.5M

Those would be my two offers to him. Both are fair. Prefer the bridge. Willing to bump up the bridge to 3.5 or cutting the years on the longterm to 5/6 if he wants it.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
I will say this though, Uncle Dale will have something to say about Saad's contract. We can't sign Saad until the offseason due to tagging, Dale will be extending Huberdeau here at some point. Huberdeau and Saad are about as close as you can get in terms of value. That contract will set what Saad gets in a big way.

I'm worried about what Uncle a Dale might do with all his cap space on Huberdeau, we all know how he can be with contracts.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014

What are your thoughts?

Max you would give him?
Consider trading him in fear of an offer sheeted?

There is no way Saad will be traded. Not happening.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Saad is playing very well. Excellent on both fore-and back-check, excellent generally defensively, is a very good high-speed distributor that does well in transition, and does not make that many mistakes (turnovers, etc). He has not scored much... but still, overall, he is quite good and --- given his age --- is likely to get better. his ability to fit in many line combinations is as well a positive.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'd never consider trading him.

2x3M
8x5.5M

Those would be my two offers to him. Both are fair. Prefer the bridge. Willing to bump up the bridge to 3.5 or cutting the years on the longterm to 5/6 if he wants it.

So what if he wants 2x5mil or 8x6.5mil or more?

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
You cant trade a player for a entire year after matching an offer sheet

I meant you match Saad and make a trade elsewhere. Kruger,Shaw, Versteeg, Sharp, Seabs, Crawford (in order FO most likely to .1% chance). The overage probably won't be as bad considering recent cap news.

The point is moot because he isn't getting offer sheeted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad