Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Continue.

https://twitter.com/DennisTFP

''@ericsuperfan think Bryzgalov gets bought out and Bernier for Matt Read is made. Was discussed at deadline as I hear.''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mod edit:

BobMcKenzie's rumors...

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/09/mckenzie-flyers-may-be-really-busy-this-summer/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bill Meltzer:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Bill-Meltzer/Meltzers-Musings-Bryzgalov-and-Bernier/45/52017

Last edited by a moderator:

healthyscratch

Jun 19, 2007
Philly
I hear what you guys are saying about Brayden, and I'm not ready to give him away. I guess I just haven't really seen what all the "best player not in the NHL" talk was about. Has shown flashes, but nothing that has made me say wow this kid is going to be awesome. Probably just me, but I'm not sure I see it.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm resisting the urge to delete that and replace it with my own first post.

Haha. Understandable. I feel like people don't to do the "first" thing enough these days. That was pretty big in the old days of the internet. I'm bringing it back. Haha.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
I hear what you guys are saying about Brayden, and I'm not ready to give him away. I guess I just haven't really seen what all the "best player not in the NHL" talk was about. Has shown flashes, but nothing that has made me say wow this kid is going to be awesome. Probably just me, but I'm not sure I see it.

It might be you, because I love what the kid brings. He's smart, skilled and competitive. He hits like a truck. He can skate. He's good at using his wingers, and plays good D. What I like about him is that he can make plays off the rush and play the cycle game too.

He's only going to get better as he fills out and gets his 'man' strength, like Luke has now. Whether it's at C or LW, he's going to be top 6 player for the rest of his career. Some guys just have 'it' and he does.

Couturier is more of the same, but a bit bigger, has a bit more finesse and less snarl...

I'm for keeping both of them.

Laughton is also going to be very good. Very fast player who can do it all. Reminds me of Adam Henrique. You don't see a lot of flash, but he always has the puck and makes and impact on the game.

You could put all three of these guys on one line and have heckuva team.

FlyersFan61290

Jul 13, 2010
Philadelphia

I think Brayden will be a beast for us in about three yrs. He's got decent size, a good shot and he's physical with pretty good hands. When he fills out I really think he'll be great for this organization.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It might be you, because I love what the kid brings. He's smart, skilled and competitive. He hits like a truck. He can skate. He's good at using his wingers, and plays good D. What I like about him is that he can make plays off the rush and play the cycle game too.

He's only going to get better as he fills out and gets his 'man' strength, like Luke has now. Whether it's at C or LW, he's going to be top 6 player for the rest of his career. Some guys just have 'it' and he does.

Couturier is more of the same, but a bit bigger, has a bit more finesse and less snarl...

Laughton is also going to be very good. Very fast player who can do it all. Reminds me of Adam Henrique. You don't see a lot of flash, but he always has the puck and makes and impact on the game.

I'm right there with you on Schenn. I hope B and L Schenn play the rest of their careers here and do big things.

04' hockey

Jul 1, 2003
City of Brotherly Lo
Visit site

Consistency ? :dunno:

lancer247

Jan 16, 2007

if Schenn is staying in the middle I would like see more of a play making winger or a winger that can carry the puck like Voracek on his line.

Read/Gagne- Schenn - Voracek

Schenn - Coots - Voracek

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I think a lot of people forget that Brayden is still only 21 years old.

A lot of players aren't even playing in the NHL consistently at his age. I think he'll be fine. His game will come around along with his confidence.

Larry44

#FlyersPerpetualMediocrity
Mar 1, 2002
Consistency ? :dunno:

He's 20 or 21. He played through a few injuries in his rookie year, and this year was f'd up. Schenn played very well early at times, but when he got stuck with Briere, his game suffered because he was always effectively playing shorthanded, carrying all Briere's defensive responsibilities.

Think back to the Pens series last year. Many of us thought he was one of our better players, and he was our best player vs. New Jersey. He'll be even better next year, after another summer with Gary Roberts and working out with his brother and Weber.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
He's 20 or 21. He played through a few injuries in his rookie year, and this year was f'd up. Schenn played very well early at times, but when he got stuck with Briere, his game suffered because he was always effectively playing shorthanded, carrying all Briere's defensive responsibilities.

Think back to the Pens series last year. Many of us thought he was one of our better players, and he was our best player vs. New Jersey. He'll be even better next year, after another summer with Gary Roberts and working out with his brother and Weber.

I'd sign Schenn to an extension just based off of his cross-check from behind on Crosby as he was heading to the bench. Clearly, it wasn't clean or anything, but it showed attitude and SNARL.

That's when I knew he was a player here

RJ8812*

I'd sign Schenn to an extension just based off of his cross-check from behind on Crosby as he was heading to the bench. Clearly, it wasn't clean or anything, but it showed attitude and SNARL.

there's a lot of like about that video:
-Schenn cross-checking Crosby
-every Flyers player acting like nothing happened
-Crosby being a *****

then there's a lot to hate about it
-NBC failing to show Crosby's cheapshot on Scheen moments before that
-Crosby immediately looking at the refs to see if a penalty is going to be called

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I have no idea what this is about, but @BroadStHockey is tweeting some weird stuff. They are a pretty good site and aren't known for trolling, so I thought it was worth posting...

Broad Street Hockey ‏@BroadStHockey 31m

Seems like the #Flyers could be making some news later today. Not sure what. I get the nervous sense it’s not good news, but we’ll see.

Broad Street Hockey ‏@BroadStHockey 11m

Honest apologies about the cryptic nature of that tweet. Don’t know exactly what’s happening. Only that something is happening. #flyers

Krishna

Jun 15, 2010
New Jersey
Clearly it's Couturier for 7th + Klefbom/J Schultz

Then 7th + 11th for 1st overall

SETH JONES TO PHI CONFIRMED

UKFlyers

Dec 28, 2011
I have no idea what this is about, but @BroadStHockey is tweeting some weird stuff. They are a pretty good site and aren't known for trolling, so I thought it was worth posting...

Seems like the #Flyers could be making some news later today. Not sure what. I get the nervous sense it’s not good news, but we’ll see.

Honest apologies about the cryptic nature of that tweet. Don’t know exactly what’s happening. Only that something is happening. #flyers

Eklund said that there was more news coming tonight, and that Laviolette hasn't been fired. I know it's Eklund, but he's pretty good when it comes to the Flyers.

For me, it was those 2 big hits in game 1 against Pitt when the team were taking a bit of a beating. Just seeing him taking charge of the situation was impressive, it seemed to be the start of the tide turning.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Should I hang myself now? It's not a buyout, it's apparently not Lavi fired...I doubt it's Homer being fired.

Pronger related? Idiotic overpayment for a Dman?

"The Flyers organization has dramatically reversed courses in their master plan too many times in the last decade. Rather than over-reacting to a bad year in a shortened season, they would be better served to continue to add building blocks instead of looking for that huge move that will magically put a team that probably isn't ready for a return to the Stanley Cup Finals back into immediate title contention. "

I want to tattoo that to Homer's face, backwards, so he sees it whenever he looks in the mirror.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
Can't imagine they make a significant move on the day the finals open.

Is everything set as far as tickets, etc., go for next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad