The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
Lindy lineup? And adams trades this summer?
Was just perusing the New Jersey roster since I'm assuming there's a few guys he will be talking to Adams about wanting here. Haula signed for 2 years at just over 3 mil looks like a good fit for middle 6 but doubt they want to move him. Lazar wouldn't be bad for 4th line. Same for Nosek. Guy was great a few years ago and injuries kept him out this year but he's 6'3" 205. Both would be cheap depth forwards.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Was just perusing the New Jersey roster since I'm assuming there's a few guys he will be talking to Adams about wanting here. Haula signed for 2 years at just over 3 mil looks like a good fit for middle 6 but doubt they want to move him. Lazar wouldn't be bad for 4th line. Same for Nosek. Guy was great a few years ago and injuries kept him out this year but he's 6'3" 205. Both would be cheap depth forwards.

Lots of us here were banging the Nosek drum during the offseason. Certainly wouldn't mind tossing him 1-1.25M to come be a 4th line C/PKer/13th forward.

Lazar I'm absolutely ambivalent on.

Reactions: Fjordy

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
So a team like Calgary that would look to move guys like Kadri or Backlund as they ain't trading prime top 6C. So you would move the 11OV and a blue chip prospect for an anchor contract that will age like macaroni salad in 100f heat.
No.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
It's certainly a low-risk move. His buyout if done before July 1, 2026, is like $800K per year.
The contract years are around that thrn it drops in the non contract years. 1/6 during contract years put it at $850K then down to around $450K
Oh. I totally read that wrong. Thanks for correction.

Didn't know they got all the cash upfront.
If you buy out Skinner this year its low thr next two years at 2.5 then in final year its like 6.3 then 4 yrs of $15M or so
Freidman mentioned Farabee could be available... if that is the case Kevyn should be all over this.
Why? Hes a winger.

Buffalo has a bunch of wingers in Quinn, peterka, benson, savoie, kulick, rosen.
Thrn cozens could shift to winger

Reactions: My Cozen Dylan

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
The contract years are around that thrn it drops in the non contract years. 1/6 during contract years put it at $850K then down to around $450K

If you buy out Skinner this year its low thr next two years at 2.5 then in final year its like 6.3 then 4 yrs of $15M or so

Why? Hes a winger.

Buffalo has a bunch of wingers in Quinn, peterka, benson, savoie, kulick, rosen.
Thrn cozens could shift to winger
We need a middle six center and Kevin said a top 6f so if gets that we are looking at a solid top 9 farabee fits the mold of a middle six w instead of top 6 but he would be good on the 3rd line. My dream is koneckny though from Philly and cirelli from Tampa would be nice.
Jjp-tnt-TK/tuch
benson-cozens-tuch/Quinn
Skinner-cirelli-quinn/TK
That looks solid

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
We need a middle six center and Kevin said a top 6f so if gets that we are looking at a solid top 9 farabee fits the mold of a middle six w instead of top 6 but he would be good on the 3rd line. My dream is koneckny though from Philly and cirelli from Tampa would be nice.
Jjp-tnt-TK/tuch
benson-cozens-tuch/Quinn
Skinner-cirelli-quinn/TK
That looks solid
How are you getting Cirelli and TK wihtut giving up any rostered forwards besides Krebs??

Last edited:

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
That lineup could be built through Krebs+[picks & prospects] for one guy and Jokiharju+[picks & prospects] for the other.
Konecny may take more than that. One of Quinn/Cozens/Byram may have to be included.

I'm all for moving Krebs and Joki tho. Bring in a FA D around 2.5-3.5 per that can PK.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
How are you getting Cirelli and TK wihtut giving up any rostered forwards besides Krebs??
We win the lottery and move up to 2nd overall.

Trade 2oa, pick 43 and Rousek
for
Konecny, Hathaway and pick 12
Trade pick 12 plus other draft picks/prospects/Krebs for Cirelli

So yes, a pipe dream.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
We win the lottery and move up to 2nd overall.

Trade 2oa, pick 43 and Rousek
for
Konecny, Hathaway and pick 12
Trade pick 12 plus other draft picks/prospects/Krebs for Cirelli

So yes, a pipe dream.
Konecny a FA after this year, are you re-signing him to a long term deal? I'm not giving up #2 OA for 1 yr of him.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Konecny may take more than that. One of Quinn/Cozens/Byram may have to be included.

I'm all for moving Krebs and Joki tho. Bring in a FA D around 2.5-3.5 per that can PK.
There is a 0% chance that Adams moves Quinn, Cozens, or Byram this offseason.

And with TK one year away from UFA, I doubt the Flyers can get a guy like the above who have a ton of team control left in a package for him.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I don't see the flyers as a good trade partner. I bet Briere sees them as up and coming and can also drive a hard bargain. No reason to move out good roster players for futures. We need to look at rebuilders with underperforming vets imo. Ya know, the team we've been for the past decade.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I love Savoie but it seems like he's the Goldilocks as far as the big 3 prospects go in terms of attractiveness vs potential and wanting to keep.

Always depends on the return though as none of those 3 should be moved unless you're getting an impact player with team control.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I love Savoie but it seems like he's the Goldilocks as far as the big 3 prospects go in terms of attractiveness vs potential and wanting to keep.

Always depends on the return though as none of those 3 should be moved unless you're getting an impact player with team control.
I know I’m in the minority but I’d still prefer to move Kulich.

Faceboner

Jan 6, 2022
Cirelli with TB's cap crunch might be expendable so we could probably throw a 2nd, neuchev,Krebs (maybe I like him for 4c) and a 25 top 5 protected first and TK gets 11th a 3rd and kulich

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I wouldn't want to trade Savoie or Kulich unless it's a very good deal where we get a few good parts back. But still, I would just prefer to trade our first in this year, Krebs, Jokiharju and maybe something else.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
TK gets 11th a 3rd and kulich
How the hell does TK return such assets? He has one year left on his contract and is not even a PPG player.
source.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I don't see the flyers as a good trade partner. I bet Briere sees them as up and coming and can also drive a hard bargain. No reason to move out good roster players for futures. We need to look at rebuilders with underperforming vets imo. Ya know, the team we've been for the past decade.

That assumes all of the ex-Flyers who are now ex-Flyer brass aren't pulling ranks behind him to even allow him the freedom to make deals.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Cirelli with TB's cap crunch might be expendable so we could probably throw a 2nd, neuchev,Krebs (maybe I like him for 4c) and a 25 top 5 protected first and TK gets 11th a 3rd and kulich
Try asking TB fans about moving Cirelli. They’d much rather get rid of almost anyone else. I don’t see it.

Reactions: KeepKane

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
So in looking at the player usage for Lindy in NJ. This is from his playoff series against Carolina last year:

#90 Tatar - #13 Hischier (C) - #63 Bratt​

#56 Haula - #86 Hughes (A) - #18 Palat (A)​

#96 Meier(?) /#70 Boqvist- #91 Mercer - #17 Sharangovich​

#44 Wood- #20 McLeod - #14 Bastian

It's actually pretty similar analogue to our lineup, but better:

Even deployment line: Hischer (Cozens)
Top Offensive deployment line: Hughes (Thompson)
Secondary Offensive deployment line Mercer (?????)
Heavy Defensive deployent line McLeod (?????)

One thing to do note is Haula's deployment and usage on Hughes line. Haula took most of the faceoffs as Hughes was terrible at them.

I think one of our big shopping list items is a swiss army knife style winger like Haula who can play up and down the lineup and be effective.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Try asking TB fans about moving Cirelli. They’d much rather get rid of almost anyone else. I don’t see it.
Cirelli is the player acquisition dream along the lines of the RBA hire as the head coach.

The only thing is that the Lightning do have a cap crunch. Especially if they want to re-sign Stamkos and he is unwilling to take a Bergeron-esque team friendly deal to do so. With Cirelli being one of the main big money, long term guys without any trade protection, I think there is a sliver of a chance. But, I admit it is a huge longshot.

But, if he were available, he is absolutely a guy that I would want Adams to move just about any piece of the future to acquire.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

GrierIsGod123

Oct 22, 2009
Orchard Park
How the hell does TK return such assets? He has one year left on his contract and is not even a PPG player.
source.gif
He doesn't!

TK likely gets traded out of the East before to another up and coming team. That said, he does not garner a top prospect with only a year left. There's plenty of history of top 6 wingers with one year left getting minimal return (i.e. Buchnevich). With TK having some ruggedness you may pay up a little more, but we are not giving up any of our top 5 prospects for him with only a year left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad