The Roster Thread, Summer 2024

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Adams knows his job is on the line if next season goes south. He will be making moves, let's hope it doesn't resemble the panic moves of someone who knows his job is on the line.

But honestly Adams doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. It would go fully against what he's done up to this point. I just think he's going to be a bit more willing to bleed on these big moves now, which we need to be willing to do.

Reactions: Matt Ress

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
Adams knows his job is on the line if next season goes south. He will be making moves, let's hope it doesn't resemble the panic moves of someone who knows his job is on the line.

But honestly Adams doesn't strike me as that kind of guy. It would go fully against what he's done up to this point. I just think he's going to be a bit more willing to bleed on these big moves now, which we need to be willing to do.
We praised Granato for his early work and wondered if he could take the next step. Really the same with Adams. Sometimes those franchise changing moves don't make sense in weighted analysis but can put a team over the top. I don't want to hear, "we were in on (perfect fit impact player) but the cost was too high."

OTOH I suppose they should at least turn out a playoff series before blowing their load.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
1. Buyout Skinner

2. Hire Gallant/Berube/Bodreau/Ruff. Doesn't matter, a coach that has some clout and enough cohones to sit one of our young "stars." A powerplay with Dahlin and Thompson should be top 5 in the league. All of these coaches will know how to not screw that up. Keep all young guys in AHL to start. Let them earn a call-up and force their way into top 9.

3. re-sign Girgs 1x 1.5
move Joker for best offer-->assets +Rosen-->Colton

4. Sign Marchessault 5 x 6.5
Sign Carrier 3 x 2.5
Sign Zadorov 2x 2.75
sign Cousins 1.4

Quinn- Thompson- Marchessault
Peterka-Cozens-Tuch
Greenway- Colton- Benson
Girgs- Cousins- Carrier
x Krebs
Savoie, Kulich, ostlund all start in AHL.

Byram-Dahlin
Power- Samuelsson
Zadorov- Clifton
x vet 7th (1.0)
R Johnson start in AHL

UPL 5 x 5.5
backup 1.3

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm less interested in him bleeding, more interested in him getting out in front of making deals instead of waiting until after everyone else has a made their moves. And I don't need to hear about them being close. "Do or do not, there is no try" with him, I don't need to know he tried for Matt Murray or Jacob Chychrun or Brett Pesce. Just get it done.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
1. Buyout Skinner

2. Hire Gallant/Berube/Bodreau/Ruff. Doesn't matter, a coach that has some clout and enough cohones to sit one of our young "stars." A powerplay with Dahlin and Thompson should be top 5 in the league. All of these coaches will know how to not screw that up. Keep all young guys in AHL to start. Let them earn a call-up and force their way into top 9.

3. re-sign Girgs 1x 1.5

Sign Carrier 3 x 2.5
Sign Zadorov 2x 2.75
sign Cousins 1.4

Peterka-Cozens-Tuch
Greenway- Colton- Benson
Girgs- Cousins- Carrier
x Krebs

Byram-Dahlin
Power- Samuelsson
Zadorov- Clifton
x vet 7th (1.0)
R Johnson start in AHL

UPL 5 x 5.5
backup 1.3
Don't hate this plan at all but I can't see Kulich starting the year in the AHL. It's going to be veryyyy interesting how things go.

Sabresbyswords104

Dec 7, 2019
Peterka Thompson Tuch
Benson Cozens Quinn

Girgenson,greenway, krebs inserted in lineup. So need 3 new faces

(Need to remove Skinner, Olofsson, jost, Robinson)

Reactions: KeepKane

Sabreality

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Atlanta, GA
1. Buyout Skinner

3. re-sign Girgs 1x 1.5

Sign Carrier 3 x 2.5
Sign Zadorov 2x 2.75
sign Cousins 1.4

Peterka-Cozens-Tuch
Greenway- Colton- Benson
Girgs- Cousins- Carrier
x Krebs

Byram-Dahlin
Power- Samuelsson
Zadorov- Clifton
x vet 7th (1.0)
R Johnson start in AHL

UPL 5 x 5.5
backup 1.3
Some ok, but I highly doubt KA is going to give a soon to be 34y old in Marchessault a 5yr deal.

I'm also trying to get UPL on the Gustavsson deal, or a slight uptick since inflation (3y X $4 - 4.5m). Wild fans truly thought they had their guy too after last season, but back to earth this year (3.06 .899), similar career arcs and we all know how volatile the position is year to year.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
Some ok, but I highly doubt KA is going to give a soon to be 34y old in Marchessault a 5yr deal.

I'm also trying to get UPL on the Gustavsson deal, or a slight uptick since inflation (3y X $4 - 4.5m). Wild fans truly thought they had their guy too after last season, but back to earth this year (3.06 .899), similar career arcs and we all know how volatile the position is year to year.
you are right about a 5 yr deal. A more realistic scenario is taking Marchessault and Colton out and bringing one NHLer in. Id target Bennett. Then Krebs is prob your 3C. I'd rather lock up UPL longer than 3 years. Is he a UFA in 2 or 3 years?

Last edited:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
you are right about a 5 yr deal. A more realistic scenario is taking Marchessault and Colton out and bringing one NHLer in. Id target Bennett. Then Krebs in prob your 3C. I'd rather lock up UPL longer than 3 years. Is he a UFA in 2 or 3 years?

Florida isn’t going to move Bennett

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
Don't hate this plan at all but I can't see Kulich starting the year in the AHL. It's going to be veryyyy interesting how things go.
I don't want them to count on a rookie when they still have Cozens, Peterka, Quinn, Benson and to a certain extent Thompson still learning how to play their positions. We need some guys that don't need to think when they are out there. Kulich will get his games, and he def has an NHL body and skills. If he comes in and blows everyone away in camp and pre-season, its a great problem to have. This is why I'd like to add forwards pushing down Krebs to 13th forward(even though I doubt they will add enough to do that).

Put some pressure on these kids that if they don't work their asses this off-season/pre-season/all season they aren't guaranteed ice time/PP time/ PK time. Everyone says this is the problem, but I don't think it sets in until the players hear or read that the Sabres are signing (1)and trading(1) for (2) proven centers because they cannot count on Krebs, Cozens specifically. That's how you light a fire under them. Along with not giving Krebs anything but a 1 yr RFA tender contract.

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
Florida isn’t going to move Bennett
They have to make moves if they want to resign Montour and/or Reinhart. Sounds so weird typing that but I looked up projections for those two and it's like 9-9.5 for Reinhart and 7-8 per yr for Montour. Levi and a 3rd round prospect to show for it is kind of disheartening.

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
you are right about a 5 yr deal. A more realistic scenario is taking Marchessault and Colton out and bringing one NHLer in. Id target Bennett. Then Krebs is prob your 3C. I'd rather lock up UPL longer than 3 years. Is he a UFA in 2 or 3 years?
If you acquire Bennet Krebs is either 4c or going the other way in the deal.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
They have to make moves if they want to resign Montour and/or Reinhart. Sounds so weird typing that but I looked up projections for those two and it's like 9-9.5 for Reinhart and 7-8 per yr for Montour. Levi and a 3rd round prospect to show for it is kind of disheartening.
And Kulich

Reactions: Dingo44

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
We also received a first which turned into Kulich. Montour was also a tire fire here. If someone pays 7-8 for him, they will regret it

KeepKane

May 6, 2015
We also received a first which turned into Kulich. Montour was also a tire fire here. If someone pays 7-8 for him, they will regret it
I recall Montour splitting time between D, the press box and 4th line forward. May have played into him not playing up to his potential here. I wouldn't pay him that much but what choice does Florida have??

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad