Speculation: The rookie race: Who scores first?

Who scores first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Raddysh has had the best looks recently so I'll go with him. Still think Katchouk has shown much more promise.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Oh this is gonna be fun. I hope none of them score for at least a few more weeks. Like we could raise money for a charity pot betting on these guys

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Katchouk and Raddysh came in super timid, I like that Fortier came in guns blazing, I think he gets a greasy one by crashing the net sooner than later, or before they send him down again.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Katchouk gets a tip in first, Raddysh will get a PP goal, and Fortier will get his next time he gets called up

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I would say Fortier but he could get sent back down before it happens.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
why would you do this when they are playing so well together? for funsies?
At some point you gotta start demanding production from these guys and just 'looking good' is not gonna cut it anymore. We lost a lot of depth and we're counting on these guys to somewhat replace it.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

OdinsFury

Oct 2, 2020
At some point you gotta start demanding production from these guys and just 'looking good' is not gonna cut it anymore. We lost a lot of depth and we're counting on these guys to somewhat replace it.
I agree with this! You cant win a cup without having at least 3 lines that can score proficiently. The Bellemare line doesnt score so you need another line to score. For as much grit as they provided, Gourde and Coleman provided the necessary scoring for a third line! When Point and Kutch return, that knocks ABB and Fortier out of the lineup permanently but if Fortier could generate some offense, maybe he replaces one of Raddysh/Boris to pair with Colton.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
I agree with this! You cant win a cup without having at least 3 lines that can score proficiently. The Bellemare line doesnt score so you need another line to score. For as much grit as they provided, Gourde and Coleman provided the necessary scoring for a third line! When Point and Kutch return, that knocks ABB and Fortier out of the lineup permanently but if Fortier could generate some offense, maybe he replaces one of Raddysh/Boris to pair with Colton.

in 2019-2020 gourde had 10 goals. theyre getting looks, and not hurting the team. also perry happens to be one of the hottest scorers lately. im scoffing at this pretty hard.

we are also 12th in the league in GF/GP while missing two potential HOFers. i think we can let the rookies gel a little longer before playing line blender

Reactions: NatoGhost and Hoek

BoltzManConstant

Mar 8, 2017
Upper West Side
why would you do this when they are playing so well together? for funsies?

For the exact reason I stated: so they're not each dragging a rookie around with them each night.

Just look at the breakaway for the two of them last game -- Raddysh gets it to a wide open Katchouk, who wiffs on the puck and then falls on his ass watching it go by. Let Raddysh play on a line with two other guys with established success, and same for Katchouk.

They've got zero goals and 6 points total between them, after 22 games of regular play. They clearly didn't bring a connection that translated from AHL to NHL. Give them each a break and let them each play with vets. They're going to need experience with a variety of linemates for the playoffs anyway.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad