The Ringer: The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo & the Secret Twitter Account (UPD:Colangelo resigns)

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's looking more and more likely that this is in fact BC. I expect him to be gone by the end of the week.

Antonio Daniels on NBA Radio was saying earlier today that the reason he believes BC might be guilty is that he didn't do what any sane person would do in this instance, and that is come out immediately to the media and deny this wholeheartedly. He kind of took his time and went with the "we'll see how this gets resolved" route. Not saying that's concrete evidence, but Daniels does have a point.

aleshemsky83

Apr 8, 2008
It's looking more and more likely that this is in fact BC. I expect him to be gone by the end of the week.

Antonio Daniels on NBA Radio was saying earlier today that the reason he believes BC might be guilty is that he didn't do what any sane person would do in this instance, and that is come out immediately to the media and deny this wholeheartedly. He kind of took his time and went with the "we'll see how this gets resolved" route. Not saying that's concrete evidence, but Daniels does have a point.
Apparently the accounts were tweeting while he was sitting in front of the media holding a press conference, so it's pretty likely to be his wife.

Check out @rich_hofmann’s Tweet:

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I randomly came across this thread while at work and although I'm by no means an NBA fan, this is shocking news.
Apparently the accounts were tweeting while he was sitting in front of the media holding a press conference, so it's pretty likely to be his wife.

Check out @rich_hofmann’s Tweet:

Can't you set a time for your tweets to be tweeted? But yeah I agree with @M.C.G. 31 that he could have easily taken his wife's phone.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
The article says that when someone reached out to the 76ers for comment about the accounts, 3 of the 5 accounts went from "public" to "private"

So, to me, that means BC was either behind it, or knew who was and had them privatize the accounts so they couldn't be seen

Last edited:

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Derek Bodner said he spoke to multiple NBA execs and said that they assumed BC had several burner RealGM accounts while he was with the Raptors.

:laugh:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This is possibly my favorite story ever. Something so “middle school angst” about the whole thing. How could he survive in an NBA front office so long if he had this thin of skin?

To me the most damning evidence is that all accounts went private after being told about only two of them and admitting one was actually his. It’s either his burners or his wife’s and to me it doesn’t matter a whole lot. Regardless he clearly holds those opinions about his players and everyone now knows it. He has to be fired.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

I feel for him if he's about to lose his job for something he didn't do. At the very least he's likely at fault for sharing the information which could be a fireable offense on its own but still, that's a brutal way to go. It's something that probably has to be done though for the reasons Woj and Lowe mention in the piece.

Last edited:

Bakayoko Ono

Aug 12, 2007
Helsinki
If it was his wife, all those accounts getting shut down minutes(?) after the journo had contacted the Sixers FO, indicates he was aware of what she was doing.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Side note given Colangelo probably had RealGM burner accounts while in Toronto, I wonder if who/how many in the hockey industry have burner HFBoards accounts.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

I feel for him if he's about to lose his job for something he didn't do. At the very least he's likely at fault for sharing the information which could be a fireable offense on its own but still, that's a brutal way to go. It's something that probably has to be done though for the reasons Woj and Lowe mention in the piece.

It’s not just sharing the info imo. The speed at which the accounts were taken down/private points to him at the very least knowing they existed, and could range to him having them on his phone despite being linked to his wife’s number.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
uywqrkwe9kjcfvlcqzmj.jpg

y2czspxsufgytmcljzn4.jpg

Remember when Kevin Durant had burner accounts...sad.

ArchAngel55

Nov 16, 2008
Philadelphia, Pa
I know on some boards they can check the IP addresses to check for duplicate accounts (banned people). Couldn't they just ask The Ringer to check them and go from there. If there isn't enough evidence to prove he did anything, I'd talk to agents to see if keeping him effects their clients in deciding to go there.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I know on some boards they can check the IP addresses to check for duplicate accounts (banned people). Couldn't they just ask The Ringer to check them and go from there. If there isn't enough evidence to prove he did anything, I'd talk to agents to see if keeping him effects their clients in deciding to go there.

The Sixers hired a law firm to do the investigation. I expect the lawyers will contact twitter and ISPs to try to get that information.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They really have no choice, even if his wife is the one who posted the tweets. Colangelo is still the source.

Major point here in the did he/didn’t he angle.

Bottom line is that Colangelo has to go and they probably have to clear out everybody except Brett Brown. The Process has been building to this coming summer. The Sixers are not going to land one of these star players if theyre worried about smelling rats or being in the middle of a freak show.

And the Colangelos were brought in specifically because they were supposed to clean things up and stop the organization from being a complete joke. To which they’ve now accomplished the exact opposite.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruck Over

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Only Twitter would have the IP addresses and that requires subpoena and all that red tape for them to provide that

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad