The Ringer: The Curious Case of Bryan Colangelo & the Secret Twitter Account (UPD:Colangelo resigns)

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
His dad threatening to sabatoge the team if they fired them is hilarious.

This is great karma for what the league did to hinkie. For the organization as well.

Reactions: Avs_19

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
Wonder what Embiid and other recipients of the mudslinging had to say about this totally expected conclusion.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
A lot of people are throwing out David Griffin's name as a replacement.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Pretty sure they (especially Sixers fans) are doing so for one specific reason.

For sure but I think he's also considered a pretty good GM. Some curious moves on his resume but you have to wonder what role Gilbert and LeBron played in those as well. Both LeBron and Kyrie trusting him and having very good relationships with him helps his reputation and it'd be a change from both Hinkie and Colangelo.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
For sure but I think he's also considered a pretty good GM. Some curious moves on his resume but you have to wonder what role Gilbert and LeBron played in those as well. Both LeBron and Kyrie trusting him and having very good relationships with him helps his reputation and it'd be a change from both Hinkie and Colangelo.

That's kind of what would worry me, particularly the role LeBron played. If he has that kind of influence with Griffin, well, I don't want to see the Sixers end up where the Cavs are now.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
That's kind of what would worry me, particularly the role LeBron played. If he has that kind of influence with Griffin, well, I don't want to see the Sixers end up where the Cavs are now.

The main difference would be that the Sixers would have a bunch of good players to fall back on once LeBron left. I don't think he'd go to Philly though so it probably doesn't really matter.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
His dad threatening to sabatoge the team if they fired them is hilarious.

This is great karma for what the league did to hinkie. For the organization as well.

Honestly I don't believe that story.

Jerry has too much respect for the game and the NBA to have done that. He's a basketball lifer who's highly regarded, why throw a hissy fit when he can easily plug his son in elsewhere? Maybe not as GM, but at least in a high up position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad