The return of Henrik Zetterberg

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
In regards to Z, there's a couple nice blurbs in this article about him and Detroit

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-aftermath-of-the-mike-richards-settlement/

#18 for those that are curious.

Zetterberg revealed it happened before the final game of the season, a must-win in Dallas. Detroit shut out the Stars, 3-0.

I remember that game, was an outstanding performance from Z. The last 2 weeks of that season he carried that team.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
A good start might be to not have him playing pk. Unfortunately that isn't happening. Maybe after he is hurt?

Nhl.Com says he has played 3 seconds of shorthanded time this season. I think you're imagining things. Calm down.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
In regards to Z, there's a couple nice blurbs in this article about him and Detroit

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-the-aftermath-of-the-mike-richards-settlement/

18. In a conversation last week, Henrik Zetterberg confirmed (sort of) a story I’d heard about him. In 2013, as the Detroit Red Wings scraped to prolong their two-decade playoff streak, word was that, down the stretch, he launched into a passionate, slightly profane speech during a team meeting, basically saying that missing the postseason “was not going to happen on my watch.”

True?

“I didn’t use the language you described,” he said last Thursday. “But I didn’t want to be on the team that missed the playoffs. The standard that was set by the players before me. Stevie [Yzerman], Nick [Lidstrom], [Kris] Draper, [Chris] Chelios. Playing with them, I learned how much it meant. I wanted the new guys to know it matters.” Zetterberg revealed it happened before the final game of the season, a must-win in Dallas. Detroit shut out the Stars, 3-0.

I like it. Z is just like Lids and Yzerman publicly. You know, calm, reserved, lead by example. And that's almost always the words coming out of other players' mouths about him. But hearing that he made that sort of speech. Damn, our man has some fire in his belly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4248Z9X6jdg

Highlights if you want em. Holy crap, just realized this was a season where we had Andersson as 3C and Emmerton as 4C. How did we ever make it?

Last edited:

The Zermanator

In Yzerman We Trust
Jan 21, 2013
I like it. Z is just like Lids and Yzerman publicly. You know, calm, reserved, lead by example. And that's almost always the words coming out of other players' mouths about him. But hearing that he made that sort of speech. Damn, our man has some fire in his belly.

Highlights if you want em. Holy crap, just realized this was a season where we had Andersson as 3C and Emmerton as 4C. How did we ever make it?

We've had an embarrassment of riches the past few decades when it comes to leadership, Z is no exception. Here's to Larkin one day carrying on that tradition!:yo:

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
Zetterberg's my second all time favorite player next to Stevie. I have nothing but love and respect for that guy. Nothing but praise. Even when he slumps or regresses with age, I put the homer glasses on, and know all will be well. He's been a man possessed the first two games.

snailderby

Jul 10, 2010

That first goal in the video at 5:31. Gritty play all around.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Zetterberg's my second all time favorite player next to Stevie. I have nothing but love and respect for that guy. Nothing but praise. Even when he slumps or regresses with age, I put the homer glasses on, and know all will be well. He's been a man possessed the first two games.

Same. Plus I think his struggles were dramatically overblown. Struggling Zetterberg is still almost always a top player for the Wings. If only everyone struggled like that.

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands

Fedorov/The Captain (It switches back and forth each day I swear)
Zetterberg
Dats/Lids

For me.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland

Wow. That was something. Almost like Mark Messier quarantee. Scored 2+1.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010

Pretty sure Cleary-Andersson-Bertuzzi was our 3rd line to start that year. Still have nightmares about it.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
Nhl.Com says he has played 3 seconds of shorthanded time this season. I think you're imagining things. Calm down.
But that's THREE WHOLE SECONDS he should not have been TAXED TO THE POINT OF EXHAUSTION!!! I mean seriously, Blashill is playing with fire here, and we're only two games into the season!

Really, have you ever seen a player get hurt when he's not on the ice? Oh sure, we HEAR about players getting hurt that way, but have you ever SEEN it? I didn't think so. In fact, I think that off-ice injuries are entirely fabricated nonsense, used as a cover-up for players that don't report on-ice injuries.

And based on my sound logic, we shouldn't play Henrik Zetterberg in a single regular season game going forward. I mean, the guy might get hurt, and we're gonna need him for the playoffs. :sarcasm:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
My god what a game from Z against Tampa. By far best from him since I've collected my statustics...

Involved in 11 scoring attempts...

1 goal
1 assist
2 chances
7 created chances

That was a "Conn Smythe" night.

HE IS BACK! :yo:

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
My god what a game from Z against Tampa. By far best from him since I've collected my statustics...

Involved in 11 scoring attempts...

1 goal
1 assist
2 chances
7 created chances

That was a "Conn Smythe" night.

HE IS BACK! :yo:

He did all that and strangely I thought Hedman was excellent tonight. So it was against a stellar effort out of their top pairing which makes it even more special in my opinion.

Actual Thought*

That's too much. :laugh: I just saw him rolled out there to kill against TO and thought it odd.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
That's too much. :laugh: I just saw him rolled out there to kill against TO and thought it odd.

All good. Just cross that one off the Blash worry list for me :laugh:

Also I think Z leads the league in pts at this moment???? Woooo

Actual Thought*

All good. Just cross that one off the Blash worry list for me :laugh:

Also I think Z leads the league in pts at this moment???? Woooo

I don't know if that will hold but I expect a very good year from Z. Last year was a recovery year coming off of surgery and even then he put up 66 pts in 77 games. If his back is fixed he could have a huge year. Looking good so far. I think Z has a few good years left in the tank. People are exaggerating his imminent demise.

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
I remember legitimately arguing with someone like a week ago that Zetterberg is no longer our second best player. Hilarious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad