NFL: The rescheduled games due to COVID thread

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
This is really getting pathetic, NFL. You had more time than any other league to put contingencies in place and you did absolutely nothing. No extra bye weeks, no week 18 for makeups. Nothing. You played with fire and you got burned, big time. A complete and utter failure.

Not to mention that the Bills still don’t have a f***ing clue who they’re playing next because of the NFL continually dragging their feet r.e. the Titans game. And yet the Pats also have another positive test and the NFL doesn’t hesitate to cancel their game this week. That a blatant double standard/favoritism. :madfire:

Reactions: PanthersPens62

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It actually would be not that hard to move games around if they weren't so dead-set on full Sunday slates. We know they will do 3 games in 10 or 11 days. Move a game up and other corresponding games back, so that a team as needed could play Thursday-Wednesday-Tuesday or something to that effect. Of course, the NFLPA would have to go for it and as long as they get paid they would rather do that than forfeit games

PanthersPens62

Coach Nerd
Mar 7, 2009
Mike's Wheel Barrell
And LaConfora said the NFL still does not want to have to resort to going to a week 18 :facepalm: What is the big deal? The NBA & NHL finished their seasons 4 months late. Is it ideal? of course not, but everything in this era of COVID relies on being able to adapt, clearly something the NFL needs to improve on. It sucks that teams that are not breaking protocols are being penalized while they are going out of their way to accommodate the teams not abiding. Ridiculous.

Reactions: Taro Tsujimoto

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
And LaConfora said the NFL still does not want to have to resort to going to a week 18 :facepalm: What is the big deal? The NBA & NHL finished their seasons 4 months late. Is it ideal? of course not, but everything in this era of COVID relies on being able to adapt, clearly something the NFL needs to improve on. It sucks that teams that are not breaking protocols are being penalized while they are going out of their way to accommodate the teams not abiding. Ridiculous.
I dont know what the big deal is about extending the season either, but my guess is it has to do with TV contracts, which equals money.

zizbuka

Apr 4, 2017
On the cowboys game, they scanned the crowd and nobody was wearing a mask. Is there some kind of bubble for family, or were they just fans? Isn't Texas already the worst for cases recently?

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
On the cowboys game, they scanned the crowd and nobody was wearing a mask. Is there some kind of bubble for family, or were they just fans? Isn't Texas already the worst for cases recently?
To each their own. I keep my circle tight. See my parents, sister and her family. Saw my brother as well until his kids returned to school so now I don’t go inside their house.

hopefully those fans who sit with each are in each others typical circle.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
NFL needs to get all their interns sitting at home every week to map out hypothetical contingencies for if they would have to cancel a game.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
NFL needs to get all their interns sitting at home every week to map out hypothetical contingencies for if they would have to cancel a game.
Interns after 1 more week.

1024.jpg

Taro Tsujimoto

Jan 6, 2009
Clarence Center, NY
Pats/Broncos might be in jeopardy. Again.

If they can't play (again) this week, the NFL will probably have no choice but to add a week 18 since both NE and DEN have (of course) already had their byes. At least they have a little more flexibility now with the Pro Bowl having been axed.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Sounds like they are planning on playing tomorrow.

Jags had a positive test.

At least it hasn't been important players testing positive...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad