Pre-Game Talk: The Real Test? Jets @ Bolts • Tue, Mar 5 @ 6:30 pm • TSN3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I think a lot of posters are happy if we get outshot 2-1 and win "becuz metrics r dum".

Why not play better than the other team and also win? Novel idea, I know.

Yeah, “advanced metrics” told us that Dano and Petan are superstars apparently. :laugh:

Anyways, not my place to tell others what to cheer for. I’ll stick to winnin’!

Reactions: LucianoBorsato

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
Do the teams with the best advanced stats always win the cup? The division?

SUX2BU

User of registers
Feb 6, 2018
Canada
d7efe992c7c20d02366995af7b3cd1ed--steven-stamkos-tampa-bay-lightning.jpg

Interesting new uniforms that the Lightning are rolling out for tomorrow night...

Our guys still have their winter coat on their legs ....

Reactions: macmaroon

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Be honest, when's the last time you pencilled the Jets in for a win?

I never pencil the Jets in for a win, that's just tempting the hockey gods to jinx you.

It is not lost on me how the Jets went from doing great against the east and struggling against the west to doing great against the west and struggling against the east since the proliferation of the "East vs West EZ Win" meme in the GDTs.

Tommigun

Jan 5, 2018
Yeah, “advanced metrics” told us that Dano and Petan are superstars apparently. :laugh:

Anyways, not my place to tell others what to cheer for. I’ll stick to winnin’!

Never forget what really matters.

Winning the advanced stats battle, and us NOT winning the cup (so we can keep the conditional 4th round pick).

Eyes on the price.

Reactions: Guffman

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
Do the teams with the best advanced stats always win the cup? The division?

I remember when Corsi was the big advanced stat. Because it predicts future winzzz!! Of course, many high Corsi teams didn’t even make the playoffs.

Anyways, don’t get me started on this because I’ll get bonked on the head.

Reactions: GNP

Board Bard

Dane-O-Mite
Jun 7, 2014
I’d rather win the division and play someone like Arizona than “look good” in a handful more games but play the Blues in Round 1.

Not much of a cushion unless you don’t care anout seeding.

The probability of the Jets playing the Yotes (or any other first-round dog) increases as their analytic performance increases (which, in all probability, will win more games). Doesn't mean something different can't happen, but that's where the probability is.

Jets2point0

Oct 14, 2017
Honestly?

Last night.

My deadline takes in the very short term are proving true.

My two avoids were Duchene and Simmonds. I don't think it's a coincidence we won both games against those two players.

It is a coincidence, Duchene is a great player

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I have already penciled this in as a loss in my head, just don't let it be an embarrassing one.

Not a bad bet JetsFan, and you'd probably win betting Tampa to win. I think the best the Jet's do is come out of this with 1 point. I'd love to see 2, but the way Tampa dominated us last time, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we win. If we allow the same number of shots that Colombus got on net --we'll lose by 2+ goals, unless Helle is magic again. Tampa has lot's of snipers - Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point to name a couple.

I will say this tho -- the last 4 times these 2 teams have met -they both won 2 games each --so the Jets for some reason play Tampa very well.

You never know -- the Jets could pull out a victory here -- have to be at their best.

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I'd guess this score ends up being (5-4) or (5-3) -- with Tampa winning.

I'll be hoping that the Jet's win by this score, but they'll need huge Goaltending, and Helle has been hot, so you never know ??

FlappyGiraffe

Go Jets Go
Sponsor
Jul 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Even Tampa still has things to complain about - they have a spirited thread about firing cooper

We're not the only people who find things to be mad about when things are going pretty well lol

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015

Not a bad bet JetsFan, and you'd probably win betting Tampa to win. I think the best the Jet's do is come out of this with 1 point. I'd love to see 2, but the way Tampa dominated us last time, I'd be pleasantly surprised if we win. If we allow the same number of shots that Colombus got on net --we'll lose by 2+ goals, unless Helle is magic again. Tampa has lot's of snipers - Stamkos, Kucherov, and Point to name a couple.

I will say this tho -- the last 4 times these 2 teams have met -they both won 2 games each --so the Jets for some reason play Tampa very well.

You never know -- the Jets could pull out a victory here -- have to be at their best.
TB dominated us???

GNP

Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
TB dominated us???

I watched the game, and I certainly think they more than controlled the play. They looked like a better skating team, with a lot more time in the Jet's zone.

Maybe you disagree -- I guess we'll see what happens. I'm pulling for the Jets.

If you look at Goals for and against differential Tampa is something like + +80 and the Jets are something like + 28 .( give or take) That should tell you something.

Jimby

Reformed Optimist
Nov 5, 2013
Winnipeg
Jets utterly dominated that game in HDCF%.

I watched the game, and I certainly think they more than controlled the play. They looked like a better skating team, with a lot more time in the Jet's zone.

Maybe you disagree -- I guess we'll see what happens. I'm pulling for the Jets.

If you look at Goals for and against differential Tampa is something like + +80 and the Jets are something like + 28 .( give or take) That should tell you something.

Reactions: YWGinYYZ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad