The Players' Tribune: "The Real Fighters" - Shawn Thornton

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I used to watch him play quite a bit when i was a little guy (7-8 years old) in St. Johns. He would go out and fight constantly... without hesitation. Sometimes two, three times a night.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Great read. My Mom has Parkinson's, it's a tough road.

Nitpicking: "Cam Neely, Bob Sweeney, Erin McEvoy and the entire organization did so much to help — including letting me have two days with the Cup in 2010 to help raise funds..."
;)

SPB2776

Jun 4, 2009
It really is too bad that Shawn got to Florida and they brought him into the front office. I'd have loved to see him in a role with the Bruins.

He was one of those guys who truly embraced everything about Boston. One of those athletes who became a proud Bostonian. A true "heart-and-soul" guy.

And as someone who learned about toughness watching his nana battle cancer with everything she had, the stories about his nanny made me laugh and brought a tear to my eye at the same time.

Keep fighting the good fight Sugar Shawn. You are a good man.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I used to watch him play quite a bit when i was a little guy (7-8 years old) in St. Johns. He would go out and fight constantly... without hesitation. Sometimes two, three times a night.

I was living in St. John`s back between 1997-2000, saw many games myself, had a fun team, Thornton was a goon, Brandon Convery was to be the next big thing for the Leafs, Mark Deyell was a great looking prospect until his horrific eye injury

Was a great barn to watch a game in

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad