The Re-Brand of the Avalanche | Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
Sadly my Duchene Reebok jersey will soon be obsolete, but these jerseys are a hell of a consolation prize. Even if this team is sucking they will be great doing it!

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Washington's jerseys look real bad, was hoping their aways would be nice at least. I honestly think the Avs kit is one of the better looking jerseys in the league now. Definitely top 3.

Mooserton

Oct 4, 2013
Colorado
I think they look far too 90s would have preferred blue primary with burgundy stripes. The mountain borders are nice on the bottom, but I never liked it along the sleeves as it looks boxed in. Still, infinitely better than the apron stripes.

When they bring back the blue alternate I hope they change the triangle to an actual mountain, more like the Rockies. The triangle looks like a waste company or something and the crest was too large.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I take it back, these are actually better than the originals, basically the same look but just tweaked and form-fitted. I'm gonna be disappointed that I never get to see Duchene in one of those if he's traded even though I want him traded lo.

If you don't like something you're not allowed to complain? It's an opinionated subject.

Your complaint is the equivalent of fans of an O6 team complaining that their team didn't go with a full re-design because the current team sucks and that they're stuck in the past. Just because that O6 team is older doesn't mean their originals are any more valuable than our originals.

Our dead-puck era jerseys were arguably the nicest in the league and now they're back to that design because it's a good design.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Maybe Vegas's are just too new and will grow on me when I see them on the ice, but I'm not a fan. They just seem very much like an option in the create-a-team section of any EA sports game.

S3rkie

Jul 21, 2011
Denver, CO
Maybe Vegas's are just too new and will grow on me when I see them on the ice, but I'm not a fan. They just seem very much like an option in the create-a-team section of any EA sports game.

I think they will. I like them as is, but if I had to critique anything it would be that the red is unnecessary and I could see them dropping that in the future once their identity gets more fleshed out.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Think about the first jerseys teams from the last round of expansion started with or the Sens or Ducks or Sharks or Panthers or Lightning started with in the 90s. They were generally terrible (albeit the Ducks are possibly worse now lol). I'm sure Vegas will find its design in the upcoming decade, the away ones are already one of the nicer away jerseys in the league. They just have to work on the colour combos for the home ones but I'm sure it won't be hard judging by some of the concepts others designed that looked fine.

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
I'm pretty pumped on the design. I hated the idea of yet again dipping back into the glory years to find beauty in this team, but I guess I'm a ****ing sucker.

stangetz approved.

Avs91

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2013
Wyoming
The new jersey design was a good idea in the 1990s and it's a great idea now.

Look how many teams have an arm band. Or just classic colors. Of course the pens and hawks didn't change much. But we're the one of few with a unique design. These jerseys are what many of us have been clamoring for for years. I love em.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
I dig them, I was kinda hoping to maybe go with a new direction like the 3rds they used with some minor tweaks, but instead they went back to a more nostalgic look which I am fine with and can't wait to see them in action.

Just glad we don't have that big empty space on our jersey anymore or like some teams will have now. Also nice that we just didn't do regular stripes at the bottom like every other team, so it gives us a unique look for the most part.

Definitely will be picking one up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad