The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
With baseball out of the way, it's time for some of these ratings to get serious.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
The gap is getting closer with AEW and NXT.

And it should. NXT is the better show right now. AEW is the second best wrestling show on TV.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Is Smackdown getting higher or lower ratings than whatever was in that Friday night timeslot on Fox before?
The first week was really high.

If I'm not mistaken, last week was on a different Network on Fox because of baseball.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The gap was closer because more fans were concentrated. Both were down against baseball.

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
I’m just happy AEW is getting solid ratings meaning they’re not going anywhere.

I don’t have to watch a product from a garbage company, nxt included since it still has wwe stink on it, and still have easy access to a wrestling fix.

Reactions: Doublechin and Fro

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The gap is getting closer with AEW and NXT.

And it should. NXT is the better show right now. AEW is the second best wrestling show on TV.
In your opinion. Just because you like NXT better doesn't make it factually the best show. The ratings are fun to follow but anyone trying to make real judgements from a month of data is out to lunch.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Here's a sobering thought about the state of WWE: The AEW rating this week was only 122k lower than Smackdown on FS1 (Which while on a different station was still heavily pushed on highly rated Fox programing like the NFL and World Series).

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
In your opinion. Just because you like NXT better doesn't make it factually the best show. The ratings are fun to follow but anyone trying to make real judgements from a month of data is out to lunch.
Wrong. What I say is correct. :)

BluesOne31

We going insane
Dec 31, 2011
WWE aired a special 1-hour replay of last week's NXT prior to this week's episode. Not sure if that's going to be a normal thing.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Yeah NXT doesn’t have a replay

Well they do.. it's called the Network. And I would imagine still a lot of people are just watching on the Network. I'm DVRing both, but if I can't DVR 2 things w/ the Pens playing, I DVR AEW and then watch NXT on the network.

I would wonder if USA wants NXT to be a week delay before being put on the network.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad