The Ratings Thread - a lot of people watched wrestling on Super Tuesday, sort of

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
That is way more than I thought.

I think TNT is in 96m homes, though? I remember reading they’re in more homes than USA Network.
The numbers I can find show that they were at 95-96 million in 2015ish but the updated numbers show 89.5. Cable cutters or getting dropped by providers I guess.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
FS1 is probably where SmackDown should be, and not even getting 900K is LOL

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
FS1 is probably where SmackDown should be, and not even getting 900K is LOL
Yeah if Smackdown doesn’t get the numbers Fox wants and Fox moves them to FS1 at some point that’s going to be a death sentence.

I wonder if Fox would move Smackdown to a different day before moving it to FS1, but yikes. I would have expected at least 1m.

The 18-49 demo was a .27. AEW nearly doubled them (.45).

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa

loyalty is key here. How many people would seek out WWE? Not many. AEW got people to buy traditional PPV again.

Other sports didn’t see their ratings tank this bad on FS1, including UFC shows with whatever main events.

I think this Fox-WWE relationship isn’t going to have a happy ending. I also maintain that anyone with a clue would know that the price point Fox paid for Smackdown was ridiculous to begin with, and I’m glad it happened to a network like Fox.

Last edited:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Fox just bought into their own hype and thought literally just moving it onto their network would be enough to bring more people in. A shitty product on USA is a shitty product on Fox. What's a couple Billion going from one garbage corporation to another.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Fox also thinks turning it into a real sport like MMA is going to do wonders for it. When NJPW did that it almost killed their company.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fox just bought into their own hype and thought literally just moving it onto their network would be enough to bring more people in. A ****ty product on USA is a ****ty product on Fox. What's a couple Billion going from one garbage corporation to another.

I think they can afford with all the money they got from Disney...

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
the real panic for the FS1 number is that I thought FS1 was the backup is things went bad on the main network. assuming this is normal FS1 numbers, then they could have a big problem if the trend continues.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
the real panic for the FS1 number is that I thought FS1 was the backup is things went bad on the main network. assuming this is normal FS1 numbers, then they could have a big problem if the trend continues.

Moving it to FS1 would essentially be writing it off regardless of how low the numbers sank

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
It is pretty remarkable. During the attitude era Canada was a stronghold for WWF/WWE when they were getting their ass kicked by WCW. They have managed to totally lose that fanbase within the last decade or so.

yup. It took four weeks for AEW to beat Smackdown in Canada, and it’s not even like SD was bumped here. It’s still on SN. They’re both on comparable networks, prime time, same competition and AEW won.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad