Post-Game Talk: The Rangers Win the League!!

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
We just enjoyed (at least I did) a season where we watched the Rangers win more games than any Rangers fans ever have. How can people not be happy?

I watch sports for fun. I enjoy my teams winning. They just won the most games. It was a great season.
Outstanding season. I'm really glad they closed the deal and won the PT. The NHL season is such a grind and they deserved it after being a top team all year. It would have sucked if they fell just short. I can see them making a run and home ice throughout won't hurt. LGR!!

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Please point out the perfect teams

Closest thing to one in the league is Dallas. One team I'd want no part of what so ever. I don't love how the Rangers match up with a few teams and I dont want to have to defeat the League again to get bu the Pens.

Every other team?

Boston - Diet Rangers
Florida - They're good.
Tampa - True PP Merchants
Detroit - Perhaps the best of a group of Mid teams.
Carolina - Another year, another suspect goaltending performance and inability to score when it matters.
Isles - They exist. Shitty special teams and mediocre 5v5 doesnt spell playoff success. Canes are going to do dirty things to them but hey, enjoy a mediocre 1st round pick in exchange for having no chance at winning anything this year #Lou4Life.
Washington - Lindgren is good, OV is on fire and Milano has cool hair?
Philly - They play hard but have no talent
Pittsburgh - Refs and Crosby.

West Edition!

Dallas - Wagon if they get anything out of their goalies.
Winnipeg - Can't score but they don't give up anything either. Real dark horse out of the West. If their PP gets hot at all look out.
Colorado - Do nothing but score but Fourormoregiev.
Edmonton - McDavid is the GOAT and a few of their other players are good.
Nashville - They're fun. I hope they win a round.
Vegas - I bet they'll be awesome once they don't have to comply with the cap anymore (I acutally don't care about this, I applaud their efforts.)
LA - Islanders with an old goalie and 2 future HOF'ers.
Vancouver - PDO kings with 5 really good players. I think they're out by round 2 but honestly they have enough here to make a bit of a run. I'd be terrified to draw Nasville if I were them.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
Rewatching the game on the Sens broadcast. On the PP when Joe and half this board was apoplectic that Zib didn’t shoot, this is how a real broadcast sounds….

“Panarin one timer, didn’t miss by much. Zibanejad, resetting. Panarin, Zibanejad, PANARIN. Korpisalo was way out on the glove side, that could have been a tap in for Panarin but he couldn’t handle it.”

Instead we get jokers who don’t know the new meta and are rotting this fanbase. But also they are irreplaceable cause the replacement candidates are worse.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
I went to ONE game this season and it was this one. I had planned on it being a drama-free night, but man was I wrong. It was a special event. One because it was the first time that me and my chick ever took our son to a game together. Usually, it's me and her, or me and him. Second to get to experience the Rangers winning the Presidents trophy in person was special. I told my son, who is 12 now to try and take it all in because there is no guarantee that it will happen again any time soon, and that you will be there to see it in person.

I will enjoy this victory and bask in the glow of the regular season's success for a few days, then it's on to the playoffs! I am nervous about the playoffs, especially how things went last year, but I am looking forward to them

LGR!
NYR

jniklast

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
I swear we could win the cup and there'd still be some posters complaining in the PGT how it was only luck and our 5-on-5 CF% does not predict future success...

Let's just enjoy this, you don't finish first in the league every year! And this team did find ways to consistently win throughout the year, that is also a good "stat". In the end only 1 of 16 teams will win it all and despite all the advanced statistics, a lot will come down to luck. But let's worry about that when the first round starts. For now we can be proud of this team! LGR!

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
Great year everyone.
Congrats to the team/coaching staff/organization…..
Quite an achievement. To us as fans it’s been great to watch all year. The team itself has so many feel good individual stories that have unfolded over the season, there’s too many to list.
Fully enjoyed the ride to get here, now let’s carry it into playoffs and hopefully to winning the cup!

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
I would be pretty damn surprised to see them go out against Detroit or Washington.

After that, it’s anything goes. I don’t think they will be a clear favorite once they reach the round of 8.
This….
Also rather not see the pens in the 1st RD tbh. We can absolutely win that series, but that’s a 1st RD that can take its pint of blood. Refs/crosby media love afair after the way he’s been playing/ etc

I’d like to avoid 6-7 game series in the 1st 2 rounds. That’s what bit us in the ass against Tampa….

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
IMG_20191127_225602.jpg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
So much to be happy with tonite of course, but I still can’t get over how Brady TcaGoof was trying to force the Rangers to move the puck in the last 15 seconds tonite, getting all up in the face of the last 3 guys to touch the puck. Fk dude, it’s 4-0, ya fkkn lost. Just stay in your own end. Code of the road and all that. What an insufferable pricktard.

So anyways, who’s starting a bracket challenge on here?
Also with the hackey ‘whoops I accidentally smacked your goalie’ move. Clown took a pissy penalty at the end too. Dude loves himself some attention. Some captain….

GlasgowNewYorkRanger

Dec 7, 2017
Rollercoaster of a season, to have not gone 'all in' and still come out with a Presidents Trophy when all is said and done just feels surreal, fantastic, tho.

Well done guys, now, the work begins to make yourselves immortal in NY folklore.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Blasds

Feb 15, 2020
What difference does it make who the opponent is? If the team plays poorly, nothing will help them. I want to play against Washington or Tampa.

Gordon Bombay

Remptar
Oct 13, 2006
What a great season. 82 games is a grind. Sometimes we lose our shit over stupid shit, but overall this has been one of the most enjoyable seasons of any sport in my life.

The boys have a different vibe around them this year. LFG have some fun

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
RANGERS WIN FOURTH PRESIDENTS’ TROPHY IN FRANCHISE HISTORY

Artemi Panarin
(1-1—2) became the League’s fourth 120-point scorer as he and Igor Shesterkin’s 26-save shutout performance helped New York conclude its 2023-24 campaign with a 55-23-4 record and claim the 2023-24 Presidents’ Trophy – the fifth time in franchise history the Rangers finished first in the NHL and fourth since the trophy began being awarded. In the process, New York (114 points) also established a franchise record for points in a season, eclipsing the previous benchmark of 113 set in 2014-15 (53-22-7) – the last time it finished atop the League standings.

* Panarin (49-71—120) became the second Rangers player with a 120-point season (also Jaromir Jagr: 123 in 2005-06) and joined Nikita Kucherov (142), Nathan MacKinnon (138) and Connor McDavid (132) as the fourth skater in 2023-24 to reach the mark. Only eight other seasons in NHL history have had as many players produce 120-plus points, with the last taking place over three decades ago (10 in 1992-93).

* Peter Laviolette, in his first season with the Rangers, joined Scotty Bowman (4x), Alain Vigneault (3x), Mike Babcock (2x), Terry Crisp (2x), Ken Hitchcock (2x), Mike Keenan (2x), Joel Quenneville (2x), Glen Sather (2x) and Barry Trotz (2x) as the 10th head coach to win the Presidents’ Trophy multiple times. Among these bench bosses, only Bowman, Keenan, Quenneville and Vigneault won it with two different franchises.

Lav_Media-16124523.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17922

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Panarin can't even score 50 measly goals. Does Gorton look to move him in the off season?
He should be OK until he gets a scolding from the coach . He already had one coach here fired . Quit on the team last season . So moving forward hard to say which one we get . Great when he is on...

• Haha
Reactions: Ginger Papa
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad