Pre-Game Talk: The Rangers Have a Rivalry with an AHL Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens morning skate lines: Kunitz-Crosby-Dupuis Zolnierczyk-Jokinen-Gibbons Conner-Sutter-Vitale Adams-Sill-Kobasew
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/413347377366327297

Pittsburgh Penguins ‏@penguins
#Pens D-pairs: Niskanen-Maatta Dumoulin-Bortuzzo Samuelsson-Despres (Scuderi-Engelland)
https://twitter.com/penguins/status/413347684368392192

I love that title so much... I hope the (Baby) Pens play like they did against Toronto. Another gem to watch!

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Said this in the pre-game thread for predictions but I'll say it here too.

Will have the GDT up around 4 ET.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ok, we have said this before.. but this HAS to be the worst 2nd line in the NHL? it just has to be

Ragnarok14

Nov 25, 2011
Deutschland
Haha!
Well, at least the AHL flavored Penguins will be playing with heart and have something to prove...
The Rangers automatons will be playing like farts thru bowels unmoved.
Seriously , as a Ranger fan of over 25 years, this current inception of ineptitude is like nothing I've seen since before the lockout when they floated about waiting for the final buzzer.
Good luck, and if you have a third string goalie in the wings it would be a great game for his first NHL shutout;)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
How I would rank our Rivals:

1a The Flyers
1b Philidelphia
1c The Philidelphia Flyers
Long gap....
2. The Capitals (AO plus the long playoff traditions
3. The Islanders(recent events plus playoffs)
4. The Rangers (Fell below the Isles on my current hate list, still above Bruins)
5. The Bruins ( may move higher due to recent events)
6. The Devils (cooled off somewhat lately)
7. The Sens
8. Detroit (which has potential now that they are in the east)

Buffalo is off the radar these days... Florida has been dead for over a deacade more or less. carolina has never really had one with us. Montreal and Toronto really have never been rivals per se. Columbus has potential, and I think Tampa has at least a foundation for one. None of the west teams really has much potential outside of maybe chicago due to past history and current success....

So yeah, we are having a #3 or #4 rivalry night... hooooraah!

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
At what point do the Sidney Crosby - AHL player jokes start being acceptable and reality? I just feel sorry for most of the players right now. At least the team will be fast, and we'll get to watch them try and take out Dupuis because they care about their captain.

Apparently Jokinen was just under 82% on FO's in the last game, I expect him not to take any tonight. Gibbons will do it, we'll literally get to see someone thrown out of a faceoff.

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I understand the notion of not breaking up a winning combination, but when bodies keep dropping, wouldn't it make sense to rework those lines to at least, you know, put guys in their natural positions? :help:

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
What are the odds of this team making it out of this game in one piece?

Not good, I'd say. Especially because we're getting a player back tomorrow. :laugh:

Yes, he's back tomorrow. Reinforcements are on the way, Sutter.

I do have to say, I feel pretty bad for Sutter in all of this. We complain about Sid and Geno's linemates, but Sutter may have had it worst of all this year.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I hate the Rangers more than anyone. For years all they've done is be NY's team. They have an putrid history.

cheesedanish87

Jun 27, 2012
Pittsburgh
Hopefully the bottom 2 pairings hold up tonight, you know AV will have Nash out there against them.

I would think the Sutter line is the real 2nd line, i think they would get more minutes then the Jokinen line, people hate on Conner but that line has been really good since hes been on it.

Le Magnifique 66

Let's Go Pens
Jun 9, 2006
Montreal
Hopefully the bottom 2 pairings hold up tonight, you know AV will have Nash out there against them.

I would think the Sutter line is the real 2nd line, i think they would get more minutes then the Jokinen line, people hate on Conner but that line has been really good since hes been on it.

If Maatta plays the way he played against Kessel on Nash, we should be fine

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
There's something liberating about the team being this injured.

Not good, I'd say. Especially because we're getting a player back tomorrow. :laugh:

So that means we're losing more than one.

I do have to say, I feel pretty bad for Sutter in all of this. We complain about Sid and Geno's linemates, but Sutter may have had it worst of all this year.

Yeah, Sutter has been the unseen victim in all of this; credit to him for handling it. He's had the cycle of AHL players and the top lines taking anyone he might be getting familiar with, or they got injured.

Although at this point Crosby would probably kill for Vitale over Dupuis. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad