The Ralph Engelstad Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
The Ralph as some of the locals call it is by far one of the nicest hockey rinks i have ever been too! I watched both the United States and Canada play on Saturday and i was just wowed by that place! Has neone else ever been to this place if u have give me your thoughts. gooooooooooo USA!

Dion Mustard*

With the price tag that comes with it, I'd expect it to be very nice.

However, when it comes to hockey, especially at the non pro level, luxury isn't something I want to have. Venture down to the Yost Arena on the campus of the University of Michigan for an example of what a barn should be

nrf83

May 6, 2004
golf course
USA! said:
The Ralph as some of the locals call it is by far one of the nicest hockey rinks i have ever been too! I watched both the United States and Canada play on Saturday and i was just wowed by that place! Has neone else ever been to this place if u have give me your thoughts. gooooooooooo USA!

can you tell me if the ralph is regular size rink or is it international? :help:

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
The ice is the same size as the NHL rink but they have an olympic ice sheet as well in the same building. I was told that they have the olympic sheet for when the Fighting Sioux go play teams with the bigger ice they parctice there for the week before the games

chicpea*

Maybe they should've spent less on the fancy seats and more on hiring good ice-making staff.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
chicpea said:
Maybe they should've spent less on the fancy seats and more on hiring good ice-making staff.

Has that been an issue? I haven't heard/read anything about that.

kris

Jan 12, 2003
Calgary via Halifax
Rabid Ranger said:
Has that been an issue? I haven't heard/read anything about that.

It's obvious just by watching the games.

While your at it, might as well hire a new electrician to work on the lighting.

Eb0la11

Aug 28, 2004
Calgary
Yes Ive noticed the lighting, its brutal, one side is really bright and the other you can like see shadows... other than that it looks pretty nice, I like the seats but Id rather have plastic seats if it means cheaper tickets... until im a millionaire, if I ever become one, which at the same time means that regular joe fans have to pay too much. So basically its not necassary, though nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad