TV: The Rainmaker: CBS Commits to Pilot Based on John Grisham Novel

Smyth94

Feb 18, 2004
Cold Lake
The Rainmaker is coming to CBS. Deadline reports the network has ordered a new pilot based on the John Grisham novel.

First published in 1995, the drama “centers on a young lawyer who thinks he’s about to have it all – a six-figure salary and a beautiful fiancée – but suddenly finds all that ripped away, squaring off against the behemoth firm he dreamed of joining, in a case that could get him killed.â€

Code Black creator Michael Seitzman and Brett Mahoney are writing the pilot and will executive produce alongside Grisham.

From Seitzman:

I’ve always loved Grisham’s book. One of the things that always struck me about it is that the story has a wonderful character for a TV show – a young lawyer right out of law school, no money, no white shoe law firm scooping him up, forced to work for a crooked lawyer named Bruiser, representing criminals one minute and chasing ambulances the next. Then he stumbles on a big case against an impossible adversary, with high stakes that are both professional and personal. That just feels like a show I want to watch.â€

http://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/rainmaker-cbs-commits-pilot-based-john-grisham-novel/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad