The Race for the Calder Trophy

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
That isn't the premise though....it was right now this year as both players currently stand....if given the opportunity to take either Bedard or Faber right now through the end of the season.

That is what was originally responded to.

Nobody was talking about drafting.

His team is worse 5v5 with him on the ice vs off of it.
Don't even try to reason with him, he is preparing the next batch of Bedard's glazed donuts 🤓.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Again the Faber fan club is ruining this thread....
Faber is a good Dman, you couldn't have asked more from him this year. But guys like Bedard sell tickets and the sport. Bedard is the truly special player. He is most likely winning the award, and you guys are just going to have to deal with it.

If he doesn't win it and Faber does - are the Bedard fans just going to deal with it?

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Again the Faber fan club is ruining this thread....
Faber is a good Dman, you couldn't have asked more from him this year. But guys like Bedard sell tickets and the sport. Bedard is the truly special player. He is most likely winning the award, and you guys are just going to have to deal with it.
OK. So now he should win it because it's good for the sport? Lmao is this the WWE where we need to rig everything?

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
That isn't the premise though....it was right now this year as both players currently stand....if given the opportunity to take either Bedard or Faber right now through the end of the season.

That is what was originally responded to.

Nobody was talking about drafting.

His team is worse 5v5 with him on the ice vs off of it.
Yeah, they still take Bedard, every day of the week. Faber plays a lot, thats it. He isn't even at the top in any advanced metric on his own team. lol They take Bedard, and if they need defense, they trade one of their other top players for a Faber and get something on top of him lol

I wonder why, can't be because the other team gameplans against Bedard, and against Bedard only by throwing either their best defenders or best players out against him every shift, focusing on him only, becuase he is literally their only threat to score every game, nope, can;t be that. It's just that Bedard is terrible and the sole reason his line gets out produced, nope.

• Haha
Reactions: ryan callahan

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Yeah, they still take Bedard, every day of the week. Faber plays a lot, thats it. He isn't even at the top in any advanced metric on his own team. lol They take Bedard, and if they need defense, they trade one of their other top players for a Faber and get something on top of him lol

I wonder why, can't be because the other team gameplans against Bedard, and against Bedard only by throwing either their best defenders or best players out against him every shift, focusing on him only, becuase he is literall their only threat to score every game, nope, can;t be that. It's just that Bedard is terrible and the sole reason his line gets out produced, nope.
Doesn't seem to be a problem when Dickinson and Anderson are on the ice.

ryan callahan

Jan 25, 2014
Québec,Canada
Do you think Dickinson and Anderson are better hockey players than Bedard?
Still waiting for you guys to address the point discussed instead of derailing the thread. This is not about Anderson and Dickinson.

lol what? How is it not important. Yes, playing vs. 4th lines is totally the same as playing against the 1st line lol

Im just going to ignore your posts from here on out.
Lol as if Dickinson plays vs the 4th line as his most frequent matchup.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Like I've got a history of pumping up Dickinson. He's a really good third liner. I also have a history of inflating Anderson's tires. Bedard is miles ahead of either. Don't be foolish.

Reactions: AzHawk

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
And here I thought we were having a discussion where food for thought is a good thing. My bad.

Doesn't the criteria for Rookie of the Year only consider the player's rookie season? Please explain how career projections somehow factor into the discussion over which player had the better rookie season?

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

BHawk21

Mar 21, 2022
Doesn't the criteria for Rookie of the Year only consider the player's rookie season? Please explain how career projections somehow factor into the discussion over which player had the better rookie season?
because there was a hypothetical proposed.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
because there was a hypothetical proposed.

Yes, and as I said, its completely irrelevant to this discussion. Of course, everyone would take Bedard over Faber if you're factoring in career projections. But what does that have to do with the Calder?

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville

Of course - I stated as much in several previous posts in this marathon thread. This thread, as with far too many threads here at HF, has long ago turned into a pissing match with dug in immovable positions - one of which was the age factor - not for the purpose of eligibility versus ineligibility - but for the purpose of highlighting the disparity in development time between Bedard and Faber which factors in to the results each player is having in their rookie years. You can choose to believe the point I was trying to make is not germane to the topic - I disagree with that.

Reactions: Bedarded and AzHawk

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota

I wonder why, can't be because the other team gameplans against Bedard, and against Bedard only by throwing either their best defenders or best players out against him every shift, focusing on him only, becuase he is literally their only threat to score every game, nope, can;t be that. It's just that Bedard is terrible and the sole reason his line gets out produced, nope.

How does a team game planning to stop Bedard from scoring result in significantly more goals being scored against Chicago 5v5 when Bedard is on the ice? I would accept your premise resulting in Bedard scoring fewer goals - but not the reverse.

Also - All Faber does is play a lot? Come on now....your bias is showing in a big way.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Of course - I stated as much in several previous posts in this marathon thread. This thread, as with far too many threads here at HF, has long ago turned into a pissing match with dug in immovable positions - one of which was the age factor - not for the purpose of eligibility versus ineligibility - but for the purpose of highlighting the disparity in development time between Bedard and Faber which factors in to the results each player is having in their rookie years. You can choose to believe the point I was trying to make is not germane to the topic - I disagree with that.

Age was the same reason many fans on this very site were so sure that Stutzle would win the Calder over Kaprizov. They said things like: "What Stutzle is doing at 18 is more impressive than what Kaprizov is doing at 23".

Evidently, voters don't consider the age factor as much as fans on a message board do.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Yes, and as I said, its completely irrelevant to this discussion. Of course, everyone would take Bedard over Faber if you're factoring in career projections. But what does that have to do with the Calder?
Actually I never mentioned "career projections" in my hypothetical - you brought that assumption forward. My question was meant to determine who is the better player right now - the current Bedard versus the current Faber.

Reactions: AzHawk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad