OT: The Queen has died

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
I know it’s the wrong place (wrong forum)… delete if you must.

I’m far more upset than I expected to be. They’ve been preparing us most of the day and she apparently passed mid afternoon and it was announced just after 6pm. What an incredible lady she was.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Her painting hanging atop Winnipeg Arena is still etched in my mind.
queen.jpg

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
I know it’s the wrong place (wrong forum)… delete if you must.

I’m far more upset than I expected to be. They’ve been preparing us most of the day and she apparently passed mid afternoon and it was announced just after 6pm. What an incredible lady she was.
Very sad. She's done a lot of good. Thoughts go out to her and her loved ones.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
Watch the Kings make a jersey to honor her for some reason.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
What a remarkable life and an amazing woman. As the daughter of a second son she was never expected to be the Queen and she ended up being the longest serving monarch in the history of England/UK. Was really hoping she was going to pass Louis XIV.

She certainly lived up to the bar set by Elizabeth I and Victoria.

Last edited:

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
When you think about it...Churchill. Eisenhower, Kennedy, Thatcher, Reagan, Neil Armstrong, The Beatles, Pope John Paul II (and that is just a small sample)...very different people from very different walks of life, and she met them all. That's incredible.

However, I bet Dean Lombardi never showed her his white board.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
When you think about it...Churchill. Eisenhower, Kennedy, Thatcher, Reagan, Neil Armstrong, The Beatles, Pope John Paul II (and that is just a small sample)...very different people from very different walks of life, and she met them all. That's incredible.

However, I bet Dean Lombardi never showed her his white board.
Even someone with a life as rich as hers missed out on a few things. Probably never got a Spicy Dog at Dodger Stadium, either.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Even someone with a life as rich as hers missed out on a few things. Probably never got a Spicy Dog at Dodger Stadium, either.
Yeah, but she met Vin Scully and that's pretty cool, and I wouldn't be shocked if she had a Dodger Dog on her visit to LA.

Reactions: Rumpelstiltskin

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Colonialism at its best.

She was the reigning Monarch when much of the empire was dismantled.

And how many British colonies are first world countries? They certainly did some things that are regretful (that is true of almost anything in history). The results of their expansion was certainly better than that of Spain, Russia, Belgium, France and Japan as some examples.

Last edited:

Cianide

Under New Management
Jun 11, 2022
She was the reigning Monarch when much of the empire was dismantled.

And how many British colonies are first world countries? They certainly did some things that are regretful (that is true of almost anything in history). The results of their expansion was certainly better than that of Spain, Russia, Belgium and Japan as some examples.
the transfer of Hong Kong to China on 1 July 1997 marked for many the end of the British Empire.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
To be fair that was that bastard King George. If I hadn't watched "The Crown" I don't think I would even care, but even though she led a privileged life, she made sacrifices as well. Let's see if the monarchy can survive the ahole that is King Charles. I bet he abdicates the throne to Prince William in no more than five years.

Reactions: Reaper45

Statto

Sponsor
May 9, 2014
To be fair that was that bastard King George. If I hadn't watched "The Crown" I don't think I would even care, but even though she led a privileged life, she made sacrifices as well. Let's see if the monarchy can survive the ahole that is King Charles. I bet he abdicates the throne to Prince William in no more than five years.
It’s not a documentary, it’s far from accurate.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
It’s not a documentary, it’s far from accurate.
Give me a break. The basic facts of her life are in there. Of course it is dramatized. I am not basing my knowledge of her life on "The Crown". I said I wouldn't even care if I had not watched "The Crown".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad