Online Series: The Punisher (season 2 - final season?)

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I honestly wonder how much Disney is paying NF to play the abused housewife.

"it wasn't him, I simply fell down the stairs"

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Looks like it might be another great season. Love the use of Alice in Chains song Would?

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
I was hyped for season 1, but as much as im fine with blood and guts, I have a hard time with bones breaking, so I had to nope the f*** out of Season 1 after like 2 episodes

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
I'm all good with not going over-the-top with costumes and stuff, but that's just not Jigsaw!!!

For reference:
hqdefault.jpg

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I think it looks pretty good.

Expected more scarring given the injuries to Jigsaw but whatever. It's probably annoying to put on for every day of shooting.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Grand Tour season 3 (episode 1) & Punished season 2 on the same day? Looks like I gotta cancel some plans next weekend...

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Anyone start this? I just finished the 1st episode. Solid start, Frank Castle is just such a good character and the role was built for Bernthal. Absolutely perfect casting.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Meh. Started by trying to remember what happened the first season.

Okay start. Brick wall stupid that a single mom bartender at a shithole roadhouse country bar would pick up Frank...or that this particular roadhouse just happens to be the one place on Earth where nobody knows to not touch the barmaid without permission. On a bass player note, the bass player in the country bar band had nice Danelectro longhorn bass. Perfect country bass...boing boing boing boinggggggg. Don't see many of those around anymore. Also I'm wondering if the lead singer was Elijah Wood with a prosthetic beard.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Season 2 has some really great moments but gets bogged down by convulated storylines and over emphasis of everyone having to talk about their damn feelings all the time. I think season 1 was better.

Reactions: Katani Kalan

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
anyone know when this is getting pulled from Netflix? Wondering if I need to binge watch it or if I can take my time a little.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Meh. Started by trying to remember what happened the first season.

Okay start. Brick wall stupid that a single mom bartender at a ****hole roadhouse country bar would pick up Frank...or that this particular roadhouse just happens to be the one place on Earth where nobody knows to not touch the barmaid without permission. On a bass player note, the bass player in the country bar band had nice Danelectro longhorn bass. Perfect country bass...boing boing boing boinggggggg. Don't see many of those around anymore. Also I'm wondering if the lead singer was Elijah Wood with a prosthetic beard.

Shooter Jennings is a real singer though and all the band members were themselves. But, did anyone else get the feeling that the first song they played really ripped off Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler"?

Backhandbeauty

Dec 28, 2018
It was eh. It started off strong with the main emphasis on the new storyline with pilgrim. The Russo shit was boring and the jigsaw scars were hilariously underwhelming. What was even the point? Especially with the build up to the mask coming off. That made it even worse. The psychiatrist chic was annoying and every minute of her felt like wasted screen time. The last couple episodes were strong but but the majority of episode between the first few and last few were just boring filler.

Backhandbeauty

Dec 28, 2018
Shooter Jennings is a real singer though and all the band members were themselves. But, did anyone else get the feeling that the first song they played really ripped off Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler"?
Yea the melody was nearly exact. I think it was the second song he played I really liked though. Going to have to go back and check what it was. Shooters pretty good.

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I get notifications on my phone for all kinds of Netflix crap I have no interest in, and besides that it also makes recommendations for things I might be interested in when I'm logged in. Nothing for The Punisher season 2, despite I watched season one AND all the other Marvel series. I'd say it's 100% certain the announcement of the series being canceled will follow fairly soon. And Jessica Jones after her season 3 drops as well. And despite I know Disney is pulling the strings on all this, Netflix is letting itself get used and cast as the bad guy by pulling crap like not promoting their own content because of a grudge with the production partner. I found out season 2 was available accidentally just last week.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
The doctor who treats Billy. Her motives are just not making sense to me. Like it seems such a forced relationship I don't feel like its actually worth anything and I suppose that's supposed to be the reason that she would support him though all of it but it just seems really fake. It detracts from the show for me, so much. From start to finish her character has seemed super out of place and just totally irrational.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yeah.... This was definitely a much weaker season then season 1. Season 1 for me was honestly as good as anything from Marvel on Netflix to that point, right alongside Daredevil Season 1.

The storylines this season just... Weren't exciting. Jigsaw was a major disappointment. Especially for a show that has made a point to go into some gory scenes and not shy about violence whatsoever, it makes almost no sense for them to back off Jigsaw and really making him look like a freak after Season 1. And it only gets made worse by them trying to playoff the "Jigsaw" puzzle being about Billy losing his memory. It would have been so much better to have just made Billy look disgusting, have his memories and have him hell bent on destroying Frank instead of him not having a clue what happened and basically recreating a much weaker feud between the two of them.

And then there's the doctor, that relationship with here and Billy was so unbelievably forced. It would have been cool if she had some sort of significant back story and ultimately was a Comic villain in the midst of her origin story, but here just being a random character with no real meaning or purpose to the show on top of the forced relationship essentially made here completely useless.

It wasn't all bad though. Frank was again absolutely brilliantly portrayed by Bernthal, I thought the build up of the relationship between him and Amy was pretty well done. Bit of a weak story point for why everyone was after Amy but the rest of that storyline was good. I really like Josh Stewart and his role as John Pilgrim(The Menanite). Thought they did a great job at building him up as a pretty great villain with a solid back story.

I still have 1 episode left to go and I'm sure it will be one of the stronger episodes of the season, but definitely not as impressed with season 2 as I was season 1. Plot lines and character development just wasn't the best this season.

It's a shame this is likely the last we see of Bernthal's The Punisher though. I doubt Disney will pick it up given the gruesome nature of the show, and it's pretty obvious with what's been going on between Netflix and Marvel now that this relationship will be over in the next couple of weeks.

Reactions: Violenza Domestica

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Now through the first five episodes. The overarching moral of the season so far: Don't take in houseguests when they're covered in blood and/or wanted by the police.

And the Billy Russo shit is really dragging.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I loved this season. It wasn't without its flaws...but i really enjoyed it.

The Frank and Amy storyline was pure genius. Superhero romances are so overdone...I thought their bond was so much stronger and emotional...especially for franks character. Really glad they explored him as a father figure rather than just giving him a played out romance. I loved every second those 2 were on screen together.

They did miss the mark with russo...but I think everything else was good enough to make up for it.

Bernthal is so damn good. Makes you legit root for him despite of what he does.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
I loved this season. It wasn't without its flaws...but i really enjoyed it.

The Frank and Amy storyline was pure genius. Superhero romances are so overdone...I thought their bond was so much stronger and emotional...especially for franks character. Really glad they explored him as a father figure rather than just giving him a played out romance. I loved every second those 2 were on screen together.

They did miss the mark with russo...but I think everything else was good enough to make up for it.

Bernthal is so damn good. Makes you legit root for him despite of what he does.

It's kinda weird when he gets self-righteous about stuff, like when Amy stole Madani's credit card and ordered a whole pile of crap to her apartment. "This is what you do to someone who takes you in? You steal from them?" Oh gee, I guess we all can't have your high moral standards Mr Gunny McShootface. Oh hey, you wanna go wash the blood of ten other people off your face and hands now, or are you just going to daytime drink whisky straight from the bottle and pass out on the couch wearing your muddy boots again?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad