Movies: The Predator (14th September, 2018)

Hockeyfrilla

Swe prospect fanatic
May 25, 2008
Sweden
When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Meh

Cant be any worse then the recent Alien flicks or the Alien vs Predator films and even if it is we will always have Predator (And to lesser extent Predator II and Predators) to look fondly upon

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Predator 2 and Predators were good. The original was obviously the best.

Both AvP films aren't even canon as far as I'm concerned

This, judging by the trailer alone, looks terrible. The kid gets predator tech in the mail.... Nuff said.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
When a young boy accidentally triggers the universe's most lethal hunters return to Earth, only a ragtag crew of ex-soldiers and a disgruntled science teacher can prevent the end of the human race.

I'm not sure that you can get a more cheesy, generic synopsis.

I'm afraid that this will be PG-13 and is designed to introduce a younger generation to the franchise more so than to appeal to us older generations who made the franchise popular in the first place.

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
I'm not sure that you can get a more cheesy, generic synopsis.

I'm afraid that this will be PG-13 and is designed to introduce a younger generation to the franchise more so than to appeal to us older generations who made the franchise popular in the first place.

It's a Predator movie with Shane Black writing and directing, I would be very surprised if it's not R.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
The trailer just felt...off to me. But I too tend to be a sucker for Predator movies so I'm sure I'll still end up seeing it, although I might wait until it's available to rent on demand.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
It's a Predator movie with Shane Black writing and directing, I would be very surprised if it's not R.
He said it would be R. Hopefully he is not overruled on this.

That's good to hear. I was basing my fear solely on the synopsis and trailer, which seemed to make the kid a central character, and movies with kids as central characters are usually not R-rated. I wasn't aware of who's behind the movie and haven't read anything about it outside of this thread.

PaulaMesser

Apr 18, 2018
The director of Iron Man 3? Wonder if the predator is a fake
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/67/pro.png
http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/46/pic.png

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Shane Black is talented and gives me some hope, but everything I've seen about this makes me think it will be awful.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad