Not open for further replies.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
1. DeAngelo
2. DeAngelo
3. DeAngelo

Dominant performance all over the ice capped with the one-punch KO of KO.

At 5v5 he went +24/-10 in shot attempts, +12/-3 in scoring chances, +5/-1 in high-danger scoring chances, +4/-0 in goals.

The Rangers without him on the ice went +16/-39 in shot attempts, +7/-20 in scoring chances, +3/-11 in high-danger scoring chances, +1/-1 in goals.

Rasmus Dahlin went +1/-11 against DeAngelo and +20/-3 against everybody else.
Small sample size, but wow does that excite me.

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Colt .45 Orr on Fedoruk. First punch missed, second KOed.

I was at this game..one of the last games I went to at MSG before moving out west.

It was pretty scary watching him drop like a sack of potatoes. Although I still cheered, because it's the Flyers & I watched Dave Brown et al., abuse us for a long time.

Rempe73

RIP King of Pop
Mar 26, 2018
New Jersey
Lmao I’m watching the encore now, and I just saw Pionk clear the puck off the boards, when no one was near him for miles. He had all the time in the world. Wow. That was bad.

Reactions: will1066

DutchNYR

May 6, 2018
Even though winning feels pretty irrelevant to me at this point of the season, I am glad for Namestnikov to finally score again.

Genuinely nice human being and although 4 million a year is a tad much, I really like seeing him on the Rangers.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
Should have had three Russians as the tops stars for this game. Buchnevich earned the honor over ADA. Punch dropping clueless Okposo should not change that.

Reactions: romba

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I was at this game..one of the last games I went to at MSG before moving out west.

It was pretty scary watching him drop like a sack of potatoes. Although I still cheered, because it's the Flyers & I watched Dave Brown et al., abuse us for a long time.

Fedoruk also ran around the previous game at MSG taking runs at all of the Rangers top guys. I believe Orr was scratched that game and there was a lot of fallout from it about how soft the Rangers were letting Fedoruk do what he did. Well, they made sure to dress Orr the next time around and history is history.

Reactions: Boris Zubov

will1066

Fonz Drury
Oct 12, 2008
The most impressive takeaway from the game for me was not DeAngelo but rather Dahlin. He has really taken advantage of the Sabres' health benefits to clear up his acne.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I feel bad for Okposo but he shouldn’t be boarding players in the first place. It wasn’t exactly a horrible hit but it was borderline and a response was reasonable.
Though if the refs make the right call there the fight probably doesn’t happen.
Anyhow the overall fighting question is reasonable and does need to be addressed. In this day and age, how does a pro sport that’s supposedly about goals allow fighting. It doesn’t happen in any other team sport. It’s bizarre. I’m certainly guilty of enjoying fights but I also acknowledge they’re very weird to have in a team sport.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad